Playing with mud

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited April 28, 2005 in People
I snagged this shot last month while on a trip to the Phillipines building a church, of the head mason checking out the mixer. The subject really liked the shot on my camera's LCD, and requested a copy. This is straight off the camera, only resized, so what would all of you do to it to make it better before sending it to him? Is there anything that immediately stands out?
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2005
    looks like he is sleeping. it would be better to see his eyes a bit more i think. :)
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    Thanks Kelsey, yeah it could have been done better while shooting. Sometimes you wish you could just stop all motion and get into a good position.:D I had to snap shots while working during this whole trip, so it was hard sometimes to see the shot, stop working, whip out the camera, and take it before it disappeared.rolleyes1.gif I did alright though. It was nice to have a camera case on my belt keeping that thing right at my fingertips the whole time.
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2005
    Candids of folks in hats are always a pain because the face freq. has a dense shadow as here. fill flash is useful here and though I don't like using flash, I find it becoming more important to getting good shots. A little work in PS -highlights and shadow filter can sometimes be a quick help. I gave it a try but am unhappy with the results --to much facial-eye detail lost in the shadow.
  • mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2005
    here is result--really needed fillflash
    20783401-M.jpg