End of the Rainbow

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited August 15, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
It has been raining here seems like forever. We are treated to torrential thunderstorms on an almost daily basis. (more than 18" of rain since July 1). The only redeeming factor is the rainbows that frequently follow. Yesterday this one shone down through a small opening in the clouds. It was pretty late in the day looking southeast this is a 3 exp. HDR (only way I could get any detail in the foreground without completely blowing the sky). First HDR and I've got a lot of room for improvement :uhoh

350318271_t5HH8-L.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2008
    Very well done....composition is great. For a first HDR, I think it's stunning. I'm going to have to start doing some of that process myself.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2008
    Very well done....composition is great. For a first HDR, I think it's stunning. I'm going to have to start doing some of that process myself.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I'm not really happy with the lack of focus in the foreground. Still learning the process of conversion. In my case I'm hoping "Practice makes Better" Perfect ? ne_nau.gif think that'll be a stretch! :D

Jack
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited August 12, 2008
    Looks good to me! Nice rainbow.

I don't see any focus issues with the foreground, at least not at the size posted. However, wind is going to play havoc with the leaves in the foreground causing to be blurry across the different frames. At any rate, you done good.
    edited August 12, 2008
    kdog wrote:
    Looks good to me! Nice rainbow.

I don't see any focus issues with the foreground, at least not at the size posted. However, wind is going to play havoc with the leaves in the foreground causing to be blurry across the different frames. At any rate, you done good.

Thanks kdog. That's the view from my deck. I was out there this morning and sure enough the breeze coming up from the vally does rustle the leaves.

Jack
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    It has been raining here seems like forever. We are treated to torrential thunderstorms on an almost daily basis. (more than 18" of rain since July 1). The only redeeming factor is the rainbows that frequently follow. Yesterday this one shone down through a small opening in the clouds. It was pretty late in the day looking southeast this is a 3 exp. HDR (only way I could get any detail in the foreground without completely blowing the sky). First HDR and I've got a lot of room for improvement :uhoh

Lovely Shot Jack, and the added bonus of a beautiful Rainbow too clap.gif
    It looks very natural not over done.... Looks Good thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited August 14, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Lovely Shot Jack, and the added bonus of a beautiful Rainbow too clap.gif
    It looks very natural not over done.... Looks Good thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy. It's pretty easy to overdo it in HDR. Sometimes overdone actually looks good, other times not! Guess it depends on the subject.

Jack
  • summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    Sounds like our weather lately.mwink.gif

Fantastic shot.iloveyou.gif