Shutter Replacement (?)

redhaltonredhalton Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
edited August 13, 2008 in Cameras
Hi

Couple questions:

1) How many images with my D80 can I expect before the I can consider failure of the shutter?

2) How do I find the amount of images I've taken on my D80 body?

Thanks
Bob

Comments

• jrmyrnsmjrmyrnsm Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2008
    Here's a good site where people have reported how long their D80's have lasted. You can also check and see how long other camera's shutters have lasted for comparison. As far as checking to see how many clicks you have on your camera I know there are a few programs you can download to look at the full exif data and check the shutter count. What I find easier is if you upload a recent picture to flickr.com and then while looking at it click "more properties" under the additional information label and towards the bottom it will have your shutter count as of that picture. If you dont have a flickr account you can email me a picture right out of the camera to jrmyrnsm@gmail.com and I'd be happy to check it for you and let you know.
    Georgia based wedding photographer shooting all Fuji and loving every second of it!

My Website My Blog DPChallenge
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2008
    http://3d2f.com/programs/44-359-opanda-iexif-download.shtml

Opanda is a freeware exif reader and you can get actuation readings using that program.
  • redhaltonredhalton Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2008
    Thanks for the helpful info!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited August 13, 2008
    jrmyrnsm wrote:
    Here's a good site where people have reported how long their D80's have lasted. You can also check and see how long other camera's shutters have lasted for comparison.

That's a cool site. I just wished they gave some indication of the statistical significance of the reports.