Options

Question about Dallas, TX....and Texas in general

nightspidynightspidy Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
I am taking my Mom to Texas next year for mother's day and she has her heart :lust set on seeing what she describes as a statue of 3 horses (I'm thinking it's a bronze statue).....apprently, this said statue is in Dallas, so we have to go there to see this thing. I have searched all over the internet to no avail. I cannot find this statue!!!! I am going nuts!!! :bash Has anyone heard of this statue? I'm thinking maybe it's in Houston? Please help me!!!!! :bow

Also, since we're on this topic, I'm also planning to take my Mom to San Antonio for a few days. Any rec's on what to see and/or nice place to stay/general tips for the area? I would so much appreciate help on this!!! Thanks in advance! :D
Canon 30D & REB XT (thinking of converting to infrared), Sigma 10-20mm, Tammy 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8 IS, Tokina 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 1.4 ext, and Sigma 4.5 fish eye along with a Bogen by Gitzo Tripod, Manfrotto Ball Head, MacBook PRO, several HOYA filters and a 2GB & 8GB San Disk, 160GB Sanho storage device (really cool btw)......wishing for a Canon 100-400mm. :wink

Comments

• Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2008
    Is it The Mustangs of Las Colinas? It's a famous horse sculpture in Dallas, but there's more than three horses. :D

For San Antonio, I'd recommend staying near the Riverwalk and visiting the Alamo, at the very least. thumb.gif If you like theatre at all, the Majestic there is one of my faves.
  • Options
    nightspidynightspidy Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2008
    AHHHHHHH.....I can be moderately sane again!
    I bow down to thee with eternal gratefullness bowdown.gif

Showed the pic to my Mom and that's it!!!!! It has been my Mom's dream to go to Texas and see this sculpture of these horses (among other things).....thanks so much!
    Canon 30D & REB XT (thinking of converting to infrared), Sigma 10-20mm, Tammy 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8 IS, Tokina 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 1.4 ext, and Sigma 4.5 fish eye along with a Bogen by Gitzo Tripod, Manfrotto Ball Head, MacBook PRO, several HOYA filters and a 2GB & 8GB San Disk, 160GB Sanho storage device (really cool btw)......wishing for a Canon 100-400mm. :wink
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2008
    nightspidy wrote:
    I bow down to thee with eternal gratefullness bowdown.gif

Showed the pic to my Mom and that's it!!!!! It has been my Mom's dream to go to Texas and see this sculpture of these horses (among other things).....thanks so much!

:giggle Great!

If your mother enjoys sculpture and the arts, the San Antonio Museum of Art is worth a gander.

Enjoy your trip! I'm homesick already. :D
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 13, 2008
    I'm moving you to the Locations forum where others may benefit from the input given.

thumb.gif
  • Options
    MooreDrivenMooreDriven Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2008
    The Horses in Las Colinas are beautiful. If your flying into DFW, it's halfway between the airport and downtown on Hwy 114. A few other suggestions if she likes statues. In downtown Dallas, there are statues of longhorns by the Convention Center (often shown during football games as a lead-in). The Ft. Worth Stock Yards are very unique and will give you that old Texas feeling. They even have a cattle drive of longhorns (not sure how often) for the tourist. Google both and I'm sure you'll find more information.

Eat some BBQ and Tex-Mex while your here. :eat

Have a nice trip.