Options

MY First Wedding

donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
edited August 13, 2008 in Weddings
I found a couple on Craigslist, on a budget. Their expectations were low and I hoped to exceded them and generate some experience for myself.

The entire event (preparations, ceremony, formals and reception) was crammed into 4 hours. 2 hours were dedicated to getting ready, but the rooms were like ovens and nobody wanted to get dressed, so that was compressed into about 45 minutes. The ceremony was in a small low ceiling chapel and the reception in the churches dining hall. Tough to make it look good, but I did my best. Here are a few of the ones I'm pleased with.

Shot with Nikon D300 and D200 using Nikon 50mm f1.4, Sigma 30mm F1.4 and Nikon 70-200 f2.8.

1. The brides shoes were hidden away, but I tried this with the flower girls shoes.
350830352_JboT6-L.jpg

2. Getting Ready
350831735_AHRXJ-L.jpg

3. The flower girl was adorable
350830694_hrc8E-L.jpg

4. waiting for things to start
350833435_84uWD-L.jpg

5.guest book detail
350832170_DuwQT-L.jpg

6. again
350832901_mtxzc-L.jpg

7. Prayer
350834068_NuC6c-L.jpg

8. Committed
350834735_sUv2b-L.jpg

9. The ring bearer was very cute
350831215_4hgwe-L.jpg

10. He actually missed the garter
350835107_QTZ3H-L.jpg

11. but this guy got it on the second try.
350829062_pFS8u-L.jpg

12. I liked the flower girls curious look during the best man's speech.
350829344_9bC2H-L.jpg

I think it was a good experience to build on. I made lots of mistakes and I'm hopeful I can fix some in the next event. I'd love your feedback.
Sean Martin
www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!

Comments

• Options
    bon4irebon4ire Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2008
    THese are nice shots for your first wedding. Where's the bride? Hope he didn't marry the flower girl.

Bob
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2008
    bon4ire wrote:
    THese are nice shots for your first wedding. Where's the bride? Hope he didn't marry the flower girl.

Bob
    15524779-Ti.gif - these are very good. Need to watch color balance and a few of them are a bit centered. However, you did a very good job of capturing feeling of the day.

But - the wedding is all about the bride (not really, but they are a big part of it). Where's the bride. We want to see the bride. We want to see the bride. We want to see the bride!
  • Options
    donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif - these are very good. Need to watch color balance and a few of them are a bit centered. However, you did a very good job of capturing feeling of the day.

But - the wedding is all about the bride (not really, but they are a big part of it). Where's the bride. We want to see the bride. We want to see the bride. We want to see the bride!

As I said I made a lot of mistakes. Many of them surrounding her. I shoot a lot of sports and like taking pictures of kids. As a result I'm very used to getting low when shooting. This has a the effect of accentuating double chins. I intended to try to shoot from above on her, but the dressing room had a very low ceiling and in the rush, I screwed up. She didn't begin getting ready until just before the ceremony, and her matron of honor was almost naked at this time. I spent most of my time trying to figure out how to keep the matron of honor out of the pictures while being as unobtrusive as possible. That was a tough situation. Perhaps more common than I would expect. Here are a couple of her.

13. Bride and her new baby
    351193045_oi6tt-L.jpg

14. Final Preparations
    351193222_m54He-L.jpg

15. Bride and Matron of Honor ready to go.
    351193687_VFcuT-L.jpg

16. Ceremony
    351193981_KcTiL-L.jpg
    Sean Martin
    www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!