Return to the spiral stairs...

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited August 14, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
So this weekend I had a chance to return to Cabrillo National Monument, where I found a nice spiral staircase in the old lighthouse. The first time, I accidently left my circular polarizer on and got a ton of less than good shots! :rofl But I posted a few here just because they still looked cool. So here's from the reshoot...

1)
2758609777_348eaf3e14_o.jpg

2) Not too sharp... I may have processed the wrong image and didn't realize it until I was done... or I did bad, bad things in post... Either is possible :D
2759449506_e790b2c611_o.jpg

3) And a little bit of color...
2758609925_dac84b484f_o.jpg

The best of the day went into the Whipping Post, so check it out there, or feel free to leave comments|questions|critiques here!

Thanks for looking!! :D
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2008
    CWSkopec wrote:
    So this weekend I had a chance to return to Cabrillo National Monument, where I found a nice spiral staircase in the old lighthouse. The first time, I accidently left my circular polarizer on and got a ton of less than good shots! rolleyes1.gif But I posted a few here just because they still looked cool. So here's from the reshoot...

2) Not too sharp... I may have processed the wrong image and didn't realize it until I was done... or I did bad, bad things in post... Either is possible :D

3) And a little bit of color...

The best of the day went into the Whipping Post, so check it out there, or feel free to leave comments|questions|critiques here!

Thanks for looking!! :D

Wow these look great, I like the last one the most.
    The first and the last are the pick of the 3.

I think seeing the wear and tear on the stairs in the second shot,
    takes away from the ARTY look.

Nice find clap.gif makes for some great abstract images.
    Nicely done thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Wow these look great, I like the last one the most.
    The first and the last are the pick of the 3.

I think seeing the wear and tear on the stairs in the second shot,
    takes away from the ARTY look.

Nice find clap.gif makes for some great abstract images.
    Nicely done thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy!!!

I'm torn on the wear and tear myself... part of me has always liked a "grungy" kind of feeling but another part of me agrees with you. I think that if I had gotten a sharp focus for that shot, I would try to clone out the wear in PS, but for now I'll leave that work until after I get the focus right! mwink.gif

Thanks again for looking!! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos