A little bit revealing...

cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
edited August 17, 2008 in People
344672414_t98dK-M-6.jpg

This is from a shoot from a Salvage Shop with a model named Jenna. That's not the point though.

Please go and vote for the contest participants!

Vote for your favourite!

here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=102471

Comments

• darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2008
    First: I like this shot. I love the color/darkness of it all :D

Second: Yeah, people need to vote for the winners!
    ~ Lisa
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2008
    Thank you. That's a nice *big link* you there in that there then signature of yours.
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2008
    Thank you. That's a nice *big link* you there in that there then signature of yours.

Thanks, I agree. I do that for voting rounds when i remember, then remove it after the voting is closed.

I have no idea if it helps get people to vote or realize there is a vote going on, but hopefully it doesn't hurt (much).ne_nau.gif
    ~ Lisa
  • OceanlightsOceanlights Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2008
    I must say, every photo must speak itself and this one really speaks her feeling. I loved the photo very much.

Thanks for sharing it.
    "Please comment on my pictures at http://www.MyGreatWorld.com (User: 'Darknesse') Thank You!"
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2008
    Ahhhhhh I see the a little bit revealing was to draw in the lech's of the group hoping to see something....when infact you were just wanting people to vote forthe challenge finalists....:D

I already did that.....I (one of the lech's of the group) came for the bit of revealing and was not disappointed at all.....a really great photo!!thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT WITH ALL OF THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM THERE HAVE ONLY BEEN A BIT OVER 150 VOTERS.....WHERE IS THE COMMUNITY SPIRIT................. PEOOOOOOOOPLE!!!!

cOME ON VOTE...DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ENTERED OR NOT.....LOOK WITH YOUR EAGLE EYE AND SCRUTINIZE THE WORK OF EACH ARTIST AND VOTE!!!!!!!!!
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited August 13, 2008
    I must say...Thanks for sharing it.
    Thank you. I thought I'd post a people pic but I really just want people to vote. Don't vote for mine though unless you think it's the best but there are wayyyyyyy better entries.
    edited August 13, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    Ahhhhhh I see the a little bit revealing..a really great photo!!thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Well, if it works... thanks for the compliment. It's straight from the cam after conversion to jpg. Everybody would click on something for the chance to leer/scoff at nudity. It's one of those morbid fascinations?headscratch.gif
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2008
    344672414_t98dK-M-6.jpg

This is from a shoot from a Salvage Shop with a model named Jenna. That's not the point though.

Please go and vote for the contest participants!

Vote for your favourite!

here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=102471

I thought this was a self portrait?
    edited August 13, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    Oh no. I don't look anything like her. I thought I'd get the people form people in on some voting since you got the wildlife people. I think some of them have voted, there's a few more votes.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2008
    Well, if it works... thanks for the compliment. It's straight from the cam after conversion to jpg. Everybody would click on something for the chance to leer/scoff at nudity. It's one of those morbid fascinations?headscratch.gif

Oo, cmor! A little bit offensive, I would have thought. eek7.gif There is use and there is misuse. deal.gif How can you buy into misuse to attract attention, and then condemn. headscratch.gif

The body is the temple of the soul, I remember from somewhere? But I would say, rather, that the soul is the body's reflection. Our souls are what we consciously know, and we can know so little. Our bodies are seen in that glass, darkly. We are fascinated by the body because the real mystery is there. Hardly deserving of relegation to the gutter?

I do like this photo, though a little morbid, I think, self-conscious. I first saw it elsewhere. I also like your current entry, and don't, for the same reasons.

If people don't vote, they have their reasons, don't you think? I can think of some. Why wish them to run in a herd like cattle?

Nothing wrong with your intentions, though, if I may say so. :Dthumb.gif

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2008
    Everybody would click on something for the chance to leer/scoff at nudity.

That's not only insulting, it's simply absurd. You can't possibly know everybody's
    intentions and you can't possibly be serious in thinking that people only "leer" or "scoff"
    at nudity.
    It's one of those morbid fascinations?headscratch.gif

You think an interest in nudity is "morbid"? Wow.

No, really, wow.
    edited August 14, 2008
    pyrtek wrote:
    That's not only insulting, it's simply absurd. You can't possibly know everybody's
    intentions and you can't possibly be serious in thinking that people only "leer" or "scoff"
    at nudity.

You think an interest in nudity is "morbid"? Wow.

No, really, wow.
    You are perfectly welcome to your opinion while also reminding me why I lessened my usage of these forums. Art Scott called you all, and himself, "lech[es]" and yet you demean my words. It was all a lighthearted poke, a jest. From both of us.
    And yes, people leer and scoff and stare blankly and find offense where none is meant. People are pretty great as well as diverse and glorious.
    Really, let's keep arguing opinions, though.
    edited August 14, 2008
    NeilL wrote:
    Oo, cmor! A little bit offensive, I would have thought. eek7.gif There is use and there is misuse. deal.gif How can you buy into misuse to attract attention, and then condemn. headscratch.gif
    If people don't vote, they have their reasons, don't you think? I can think of some. Why wish them to run in a herd like cattle?
    Nothing wrong with your intentions, though, if I may say so. :Dthumb.gif
    Neil
    I'm not the first to use this tactic, especially in this forum. Second, people are free to do as they please, vote and not vote. I just wanted to help both the moderators in spreading the word. A couple of other contestants posted on other forums that they frequent a lot and I thought I'd be helpful with the same. It's funny, you and the poster below you said the same thing but in two separate ways.
  • pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2008
    People are pretty great as well as diverse and glorious.

It's ironic that you say people are diverse, yet you had the gall to sum
    everybody up in your inane comment above. But that's OK, I like
    irony. It amuses me.

I was reacting to an insult, not an opinion.
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2008
    You are perfectly welcome to your opinion while also reminding me why I lessened my usage of these forums. Art Scott called you all, and himself, "lech[es]" and yet you demean my words. It was all a lighthearted poke, a jest. From both of us.
    And yes, people leer and scoff and stare blankly and find offense where none is meant. People are pretty great as well as diverse and glorious.

And it's certainly very, very stale news for someone to say something in these forums and then when someone reacts hasten to dissimulate with "I was only joking. Are you so dumb? Doh!" Well, being dumb is a distinct possibility for me, but being that naive? No.

Furthermore, I know you are not the kind of gal who says something without meaning something, come on. I hang on your every word. mwink.gif

I did acknowledge your good intentions!

I'm being free, as you say I am, and I would like to believe!

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited August 14, 2008
    This thread has gone off into the weeds, folks. No more sniping or I start deleting posts. Back to photography, please. deal.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    This thread has gone off into the weeds, folks. No more sniping or I start deleting posts. Back to photography, please. deal.gif

I agree...got way off topic.....it was just a fun poke at the op and she knew it.....

NOW GO VOTE ......IN THE CHALLENGE FORUM!!! TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• HallidayHalliday Registered Users Posts: 149 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    dlplumer wrote:
    Contact me if you would like an image of the thread starter looking like a Nikon-Superwoman emerging from a phone booth :)
    www.lanceshuey.com

I won't sell out even if the whole world think's I'm crazy.