Old Cerrillos, NM church...

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited August 14, 2008 in Landscapes
Randy

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2008
    i like what your heading to do, thats GREAT!

my .00002cent

all in my opinion.....but i do really like this shot overall

my thoughts;
    1. without perspective adjusted i dont like this shot combined with this treatment.
    with a normal shot perspective doesnt seem to matter so much to me.
    prior to me learning the perspective tool i would not have thought twice about this issue.
    in otherwords i would straighten the tower up

2. vibrance seems to be very dull, that is turning me off a little...
    ....if thats what your shooting for pls ignore me again.

3. give us some different versions of the same shot with different adjustments. you might find something you like better...it happens to me all the time now days.

4. show us some originals so we can take in the dynamics to what your doing to these shots....i would certainly like to try some of this treatment work
    Aaron Nelson
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2008
    i like what your heading to do, thats GREAT!

my .00002cent

all my opinion.....

C&C,
    1. without perspective adjusted i dont like this shot with this treatment.
    as a normal shot perspective doesnt seem to matter so much to me.
    prior to me learning the perspective tool i would not have thought twice about this issue.

2. vibrance seems to be very dull, that is turning me off a little...
    ....if thats what your shooting for pls ignore me again.

3. give us some different versions of the same shot with different adjustments. you might find something you like better...it happens to me all the time now days.

4. show us some originals so we can take in the dynamics to what your doing to these shots....i would certainly like to try some of this treatment work

Thanks Aaron for the feedback.
    Randy
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited August 14, 2008
    I think you are on the right track to meeting your goals here. Don't know about the making money part, but I do wish you luck. :D

I agree with Aaron about the perspective. I would not expect to see this much distortion in a shot of what seems to be a rather low, small structure. I don't think the distortion adds anything. I understand that you are not going for realism, but I would still like to see a little more detail in the shadows, especially in the porch at the right and the left part of the bell tower. Not a big deal, but I think it would help. Most of all though, I think the sky needs work. There are some pretty obvious brush strokes there, sharp transitions that do not look natural. This might be less of a problem if there were also brush strokes in the foreground, but as it stands, it just looks inconsistent. I do like the light, the glow and the colors.

Hope this helps.
    edited August 14, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    I think you are on the right track to meeting your goals here. Don't know about the making money part, but I do wish you luck. :D

I agree with Aaron about the perspective. I would not expect to see this much distortion in a shot of what seems to be a rather low, small structure. I don't think the distortion adds anything. I understand that you are not going for realism, but I would still like to see a little more detail in the shadows, especially in the porch at the right and the left part of the bell tower. Not a big deal, but I think it would help. Most of all though, I think the sky needs work. There are some pretty obvious brush strokes there, sharp transitions that do not look natural. This might be less of a problem if there were also brush strokes in the foreground, but as it stands, it just looks inconsistent. I do like the light, the glow and the colors.

Hope this helps.

OK, I fixed the perspective & lightened up the shadows.
    Randy
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2008
    that perspective fix was a good movethumb.gif

i think you are onto something with what you want to do..

ive thought about the "dullness" as i referred to it before...and well mr.wells it think as a large print on canvas, rag, textured papers it will look great. and ofcourse the larger you go the better imo.

i like your vision...i hope you find the people with any money left...

as for myself i have no money toone_nau.gif but if i were out and looking for art to add to my home... i would want a series or a theme.... so inotherwords i would want 3 - 5 pieces that related to each other and went well together in a specific room of the home....
    Aaron Nelson
    edited August 14, 2008
    that perspective fix was a good move

i think you are onto something with what you want to do..

ive thought about the "dullness" as i referred to it before...and well mr.wells it think as a large print on canvas, rag, textured papers it will look great. and ofcourse the larger you go the better imo.

i like your vision...i hope you find the people with any money left...

as for myself i have no money too but if i were out and looking for art to add to my home... i would want a series or a theme.... so inotherwords i would want 3 - 5 pieces that related to each other and went well together in a specific room of the home....

I'm glad you pointed out the perspective issue, it does look better corrected.
    Randy
    edited August 14, 2008
    Randy