Judging/Rules and so on - please read

GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
edited August 16, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
All right, you awesome people. I've done some thinking and I'm starting a new thread since there are a couple of lengthy ones out there regarding the same matter. I want this particular one read by all.

Your vote is your vote. Cast it how you please. I, personally, will not have a single thing against you for voting for yourself. There will be no rule against it, and if it has been considered etiquette to not do it here in the past, or anywhere else for that matter, I don't really mind. The fact is, there's enough else to worry about, and I suppose if the president can vote for himself, then why not you.

Next, I check exifs and make sure all the entries follow the rules. I will happily continue doing that. They haven't been as strict in the past and so I didn't want anyone to get blindsided by things suddenly tightening up. That's only fair.

The qualifying rounds are the only ones where public votes are to be worried about. The Mega-Challenge to determine the "big" prize winner is judged by a panel. Saying that, I will make a comment in the rules to state that soliciting or campaigning for votes in the qualifying rounds may cause you to be disqualified (at the very least). We can easily check to see who is voting for whom, when they joined, what their IP address is and so on.

Thanks for all of the offers to help. :thumb

Follow the rules, but let's get back to making this about stretching yourselves and having fun, ok? Erik and myself will make sure all is fair, you guys just get out there and shoot! :D
Emily
Psalm 62:5-6

Comments

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    since i know there are a few that are un-Maliciously soliciting or campaigning by adding something to their signature i just thought to bump this thread...

however they are not saying "vote for me", just "go vote"...? hows this looked upon?
    Aaron Nelson
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    since i know there are a few that are un-Maliciously soliciting or campaigning by adding something to their signature i just thought to bump this thread...

however they are not saying "vote for me", just "go vote"...? hows this looked upon?

Personally, I don't have an issue with it, as long as it is:

1) only when the polls are open and
    2) not done in a way that is extremely distracting.

If you're posting in other forums (People, Macro, etc.), you can always ask the moderator of that forum if it's cool with them.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6