Options

Why Does SmugMug Keep Redirecting me to the Sign In?

HoneyLightHoneyLight Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited August 18, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I'm just getting started with customizing my site, and about 50% of the time that I click "update" after changing my CSS, I'm redirected to the log in screen. This is annoying enough in itself, but I also lose any of the little (and sometimes extensive) changes and tweaks that I've made in the CSS field. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason to the redirects ... I have cookies enabled, and the computer isn't sitting idle long enough that it should automatically be logging me out for any reason that I can think of. What gives?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    Welcome! I'm guessing you just aren't fully logged in, perhaps you are on your custom domain when you go to the customize page.

Try using your SmugMug nickname when you customize, okay?

Also: please put our footer and © notice back, thanks: http://www.honeylightphotography.com/Portfolio
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2008
    I'll try that; thanks!

Hmmm ... can you point me to whatever it is I need to add back in / re-display to get the footer, etc back? I'm completely new to this and have just been adding and removing elements by trial and error to get the layout/effects I want. Sometimes things disappear that I don't even notice ...
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    HoneyLight wrote:
    I'll try that; thanks!

Hmmm ... can you point me to whatever it is I need to add back in / re-display to get the footer, etc back? I'm completely new to this and have just been adding and removing elements by trial and error to get the layout/effects I want. Sometimes things disappear that I don't even notice ...
    Remove this from your CSS, makes no sense anyway.

.text {display: none;}
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2008
    got it - thanks! it's back everywhere but on this page:
    http://honeylightphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/5596957_MvfFa

btw, andy, making sure i'm working from honeylightphotography.smugmug.com (vs just honeylightphotography.com) seems to have solved the sign out issue. my workflow is much more efficient now - thanks for your help.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    HoneyLight wrote:
    got it - thanks! it's back everywhere but on this page:
    http://honeylightphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/5596957_MvfFa

btw, andy, making sure i'm working from honeylightphotography.smugmug.com (vs just honeylightphotography.com) seems to have solved the sign out issue. my workflow is much more efficient now - thanks for your help.
    Change this in your nav html to a relative link or you'll have all your clients
    switching to your nickname page.

<li><a href="http://honeylightphotography.smugmug.com/CLIENTS">clients</a></li>

to this

<i><a href="/CLIENTS">clients</a></li>
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2008
    awesome - great catch - thank you!
  • Options
    JAMDIVERSJAMDIVERS Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    HoneyLight wrote:
    awesome - great catch - thank you!

Thanks HoneyLight for posting this....it was driving me crazy having to duplicate my work every 2 seconds! I will try to follow Andy's advice too and see if that helps.

Good luck getting your site going....

from another newbie :)
    Thanks!
    Kristy

Visit my site at www.jamdivers.com