Options

Page 1 of 0? And no images

aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
edited August 19, 2008 in SmugMug Support
This probably explains it the best:

352346175_HV98P-L-1.jpg

All of my galleries on FF3 and sometimes in IE6 (I think) on XP boxes (three machines, haven't tried my linux boxes yet) are like this and it started this morning.

Caches cleared, logged out, logged in, spun around in circles, stood on top of my head, yada, yada,yada.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    I could see all the dancer files fine - FF3 is quirky, a bit :( Try clearing (again) everything cookies cache and all that and then close, reopen and go to the same gallery again?
  • Options
    e mari ad terrame mari ad terram Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    I am having a customer exhibit the same issue. He has both IE and FF, neither one are working.

Everything but the images are showing up (just like your screen shot). I was looking to virus scan to be a possible culprit. He is using Computer Associates Internet Protection Suite... Maybe it is blocking the java?

I put in a help message to support.

If you come up with anything, please post the solution. I will do the same.

thanks
    Fear evaporates when we realize that our life stories and the history of the world were written with the same hand.
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    I am having a customer exhibit the same issue. He has both IE and FF, neither one are working.

Everything but the images are showing up (just like your screen shot). I was looking to virus scan to be a possible culprit. He is using Computer Associates Internet Protection Suite... Maybe it is blocking the java?

I put in a help message to support.

If you come up with anything, please post the solution. I will do the same.

thanks
    For CA Internet Security, try the following settings to see if it helps.

CA Internet Security Center from Computer Associates. SmugMug style galleries won't show any photos. Firewall blocks some of our code. Here's the 10 step action plan that adds SmugMug to the trusted sites:

1. right-click on the CA icon, point to CA Personal Firewall and select 'open CA Personal Firewall'
    2. click on the big 'Privacy' icon in the left column
    3. make sure the 'Internet Browser Protection' tab on top of the settings screen is selected
    4. click on 'manage sites'
    5. click on the 'add' symbol
    6. enter smugmug.com in the url field
    7. click ok
    8. make sure you see 6 green checkmarks for smugmug.com
    9. click on close
    10. close the CA Personal Firewall window and enjoy using your SmugMug galleries

If you encounter any custom domain name that uses SmugMug as well without smugmug.com in the url, repeat the steps I gave you for this address as well to add the site to your trusted sites. That should fix the issues you had with the software.blocking feature was causing the the images not to load.