Downtown Marietta, Ga Fireworks...

like2learnlike2learn Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited August 17, 2008 in Landscapes
Hi Everybody,

This is my first post with an image, so................be gentle.

Maybe a little late for a 4th of July image, but see what you think. This is from the fireworks display in downtown Marietta, Georgia. Over the 20s exposure the shells worked out pretty well I think. The last one exploding much lower than it should have.

Thanks, still learning my way around SM and the forum,
WT

351371387_6CyPE-M.jpg

Comments

• BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    Welcome to Dgrin...I am currently sitting in my office about 1 mile south of the Big Chicken in Marietta, Georgia. I will not get into the technical aspects of your picture...since I have no clue what I am doing with my camera. All I know is that fireworks are pretty tough and it looks like you did a pretty good job. Keep posting
  • summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    Beautiful, and welcome.thumb.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    Hi WT and welcome! Don't worry, here at Dgrin we don't bite. At least not in Landscapes. If you want some real critique and smacks head over to the Whipping Post! :D

I really like your shot. The fireworks are bright and clear, the people in front give it context and the roofline in the corner frames it. thumb.gif

Hope to see more from you soon, and any time you have any problems around Dgrin or SM don't hesitate to ask questions!