Some good Erotica how-to, from Richard Kern

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Good stuff, Andy, I concur with pretty much everything he says..:-) thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    Thanks!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    Thanks Andy.

Good find and an interesting insider story.

This is of course no reflection on you, but I don't like this lot of photos of his. The girls have a zombie quality to them, something lifeless in their faces, and also, for me, their bodies. (Somebody mentioned wood?) They are placed in the photos as pieces of furniture might be placed in a storage room. Here or there, there or here. A front end here, a back end there... There's no aesthetic. Pantyhose crotch seams, yuck! I think this guy really does not have any appreciation of these models. To my eyes he is just inflating cliches.

And how come this guy thinks it's appropriate to use 4 letter vocabulary just because he is discussing nude photography? It's just low, in my opinion.

Nevertheless a relevant addition to the little bit of discussion that is happening here about the topic.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • shinymamashinymama Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    Thanks for posting the link!
    Richard is definitely not for everyone but I love his work.
    I've been following him since the mid 80s when I saw his movie "Fingered".
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 18, 2008
    NeilL wrote:
    Thanks Andy.

Good find and an interesting insider story.

This is of course no reflection on you, but I don't like this lot of photos of his. The girls have a zombie quality to them, something lifeless in their faces, and also, for me, their bodies. (Somebody mentioned wood?) They are placed in the photos as pieces of furniture might be placed in a storage room. Here or there, there or here. A front end here, a back end there... There's no aesthetic. Pantyhose crotch seams, yuck! I think this guy really does not have any appreciation of these models. To my eyes he is just inflating cliches.

And how come this guy thinks it's appropriate to use 4 letter vocabulary just because he is discussing nude photography? It's just low, in my opinion.

Nevertheless a relevant addition to the little bit of discussion that is happening here about the topic.

Neil

I don't agree with what you're saying about his use of the models. I found them to be very involved in the scenes. In most of them he's going for a voyeur theme and I think it works very well.
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    I was expecting 'models' to charge more. When I took the shots of Jarisel (I'll post some up for you guys soon) It cost me about 150 dollars and she did it for free. LoL.

I refuse to take another portrait shot until I get the light kit.

Great read. I've been taking 'sexy' pictures for quite sometime now, and this provides both legal and cost wise insight.

I'm paying 50 per hour from now on. Let them get their hair and nials done on thier own. Hahahaha!
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    Looks like a modern Newton style to me. ne_nau.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com