Left Brain Abstracts for the Right Brain Challenged (8 img. DU warn)

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited August 16, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Every time I discover a new aspect/tool in CS3, I get carried away with it. So it was with "photomerge..."! I came across it just about the time Dgrin mini challenge #9 "Abstract and/or Minimalist" started. Since I am very "left brain", I figured it could be useful in creating an entry for that challenge.

I am posting some potential entrants here in the hopes that some of you with more traditional and extensive artistic talent than I can give me some feedback as to their merit as Abstract images.

I love this process and will be doing lots more of it. That's why I really would appreciate your thoughts on how I can improve. What's good and what's bad about them? More images here

Image #1 is the original source of the fundamental building blocks used in creating the abstract images.

352434835_UsrMx-M.jpg

Image 2. is the building block for #3, 4, &5

351846156_UoXmG-M.jpg

351719082_ZHXbZ-XL.jpg

351819821_WMbzS-XL.jpg

351706707_AEUnf-XL.jpg

352329428_cc6Dd-L.jpg

352314074_dgWwY-L.jpg

352374419_McLwW-XL.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    Whoa, Jack. You're starting to knock me over with your stuff. I don't know enough to be of any help to you, other than to offer encouragement to keep expanding your wings. I'm really interested in seeing how you progress. Some of this work is impressive, to say the least.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2008
    Whoa, Jack. You're starting to knock me over with your stuff. I don't know enough to be of any help to you, other than to offer encouragement to keep expanding your wings. I'm really interested in seeing how you progress. Some of this work is impressive, to say the least.

Tom

Thanks so much Tom. The really incredible part of it is that you never know what it's going to look like when you start selecting the pieces to combine. You select them, click the button and wait while the computer cranks and whirrs. Then all of a sudden...WOW. I love it! Also a lot of masks involved in some which is good cause it's really honing my skills in that area.

Jack
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Every time I discover a new aspect/tool in CS3, I get carried away with it. So it was with "photomerge..."! I came across it just about the time Dgrin mini challenge #9 "Abstract and/or Minimalist" started. Since I am very "left brain", I figured it could be useful in creating an entry for that challenge.

I am posting some potential entrants here in the hopes that some of you with more traditional and extensive artistic talent than I can give me some feedback as to their merit as Abstract images.

I love this process and will be doing lots more of it. That's why I really would appreciate your thoughts on how I can improve. What's good and what's bad about them? More images here

Image #1 is the original source of the fundamental building blocks used in creating the abstract images.

Image 2. is the building block for #3, 4, &5

Jack 3 + 4 + 5 are really outstanding clap.gif

I looked at the images without reading your text, and thought they were printed pieces of fabric.

Your ability to create these from the orginal image, is a real credit to your talent bowdown.gif I love them nod.gif

Excellent Results Jack clap.gif :ivar ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    Highly impressive Jack. I love the work.
    That it was all extracted from one very simple shot is even more impressive.

Very creative. I especially like
    how you took the tree sprout and worked it into something delicate with
    a high level of visual impact. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif Out flip'n standing.
    :ivar
    Michael
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited August 16, 2008
    Very cool stuff. I love #4. clap.gif
    edited August 16, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Jack 3 + 4 + 5 are really outstanding clap.gif

I looked at the images without reading your text, and thought they were printed pieces of fabric.

Your ability to create these from the orginal image, is a real credit to your talent bowdown.gif I love them nod.gif

Excellent Results Jack clap.gif :ivar ... Skippy :D

Thanks so much Skippy for those kind words. I love the symmetry in these images and enjoy making something I think is beautiful out of something which is not.

Jack
    edited August 16, 2008
    DaddyO wrote:
    Highly impressive Jack. I love the work.
    That it was all extracted from one very simple shot is even more impressive.

Very creative. I especially like
    how you took the tree sprout and worked it into something delicate with
    a high level of visual impact. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif Out flip'n standing.
    :ivar

Thanks Michael. The tree shot surprised me. (must have been my right brain rebelling against the left. :D

Jack
    edited August 16, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Very cool stuff. I love #4. clap.gif
    Thanks Richard. #4 was made from this. (which was made from the elemental feature mentioned in my original post)

351691755_Em3vW-XL.jpg

Jack