Options

Introduction and images of Maine coast

boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited August 19, 2008 in Landscapes
Hi all ...
I've been with SmugMug for over a year but am new to DigitalGrin forums. I'm blown away by the quality of work in these forums. I hope to gain knowledge and inspiration from you all. My intro images are a couple of shots I took in Acadia National Park in Maine last month. Comments are welcome.

DSC_7411.jpg
Acadia Coast 1. Shot with Nikon d80 and nikkor 12-24 mm at 12mm. 2.5 second exposure at f 20.

DSC_7574.jpg
Acadia Coast 2. Nikon d80 and nikkor 12-24 mm at 12mm. 0.8 second exposure at f 11.

DSC_7665.jpg
Sand Beach, Acadia National Park. Nikon d80 and nikkor 12-24 mm at 15mm. 0.6 second exposure at f 18.

Comments

• Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    those are really nicethumb.gif welcome...i too marval at all the work here.

thumb.gif some more contrast it the b&w would be good imo.
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    Welcome !
    Nice photos i agree about with Aaron about the contrast

Keep clicking and posting
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    Very nice. Its hard to get enough of Acadia.
    RON
  • Options
    dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    Nice photos, and welcome to dgrin. I like #2. Agree with the others about more contrast in the bw.
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback!
    I bumped up the contrast a bit and I'm happy with the results (below). Thanks for the critique.

DSC_7665-1.jpg
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    clap.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    I like the second and third after you bumped the contrast. It looks like you were there about the same time I was with the overcast conditions. But it did give some dramatic skies.
  • Options
    OceanlightsOceanlights Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    I always love the point where oceans and land meets. That is so beautiful and I think the one with color is very nice as it shows the details of the clouds and the color is amazing.
    "Please comment on my pictures at http://www.MyGreatWorld.com (User: 'Darknesse') Thank You!"
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2008
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    I like the second and third after you bumped the contrast. It looks like you were there about the same time I was with the overcast conditions. But it did give some dramatic skies.

The skies were great when they weren't pouring raining on our tent at night! I was there with my 11 y/o son last month ... July 18-21. We did some hiking and met a guy with a Nikon at the top of Bubble Rock. Maybe that was you!

We are definitely going back next summer. More photography, hiking and kayaking.