Options

Rare bird sighting

MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
edited April 25, 2005 in Wildlife
Of the Northern Wooded Heron, sometimes known as the Bushy Heron, seen here stretching its wings. Almost wiped out by the logging industry in the 1800's, pesticides in the 1960's, and wipper-snippers in the 80's, little is known about these elusive chameleons of the north.

woodherons1wl.jpg

AJ :D

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    MuskyDude wrote:
    Of the Northern Wooded Heron, sometimes known as the Bushy Heron, seen here stretching its wings. Almost wiped out by the logging industry in the 1800's, pesticides in the 1960's, and wipper-snippers in the 80's, little is known about these elusive chameleons of the north.

AJ :D
    Wow, what a capture. He really is the chameleon of the north. In this shot he has cleverly assumed the appearance of a Great Blue Heron. rolleyes1.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    A tree with the head of a Great Blue Heron. I bet you had fun with him.

When do they mate up there? Ours are sitting on nests now and have been for a while.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2005
    Harryb wrote:
    Wow, what a capture. He really is the chameleon of the north. In this shot he has cleverly assumed the appearance of a Great Blue Heron. rolleyes1.gif
    Good eye, Harry. thumb.gif And thanks! :):

AJ
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    A tree with the head of a Great Blue Heron. I bet you had fun with him.

When do they mate up there? Ours are sitting on nests now and have been for a while.

ginger
    Hi Ginger,

I sure did have fun on this shoot. They should be in mating season up here right now as well...

AJ
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    Looks like he...
    ...could use a good pruning! :crazy