Well I did it - K20D and 18-250

PeterPeter Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
edited August 16, 2008 in Cameras
Just arrived yesterday . . . Pentax K20D and the Pentax DA 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 ED AL IF.

I'm very comfortable with my decision on the K20, however, I'm hoping I made the right choice on the lens . . .

Now to step up my learning from my Pentax *istDS. It has served me well for the past 30,000 images. I'll likely use it as a back up . . .

Any K20 owners with useful tips to spare? . . I'm all ears :thumb

Thanks

Peter
</div>

Comments

• Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    Congrats. The K20D is tempting. I had a DS for a couple of years (still do, its size and low noise chip cannot be beat) and then got a K10D last year. The K20D's chip is far superior to the K10D's from the images I've seen.
    One thing in comparing the DS to the K20D is that the jpegs output are way better. I also like the auto-bracketing and second adjustment wheel. Realize, the K20D is quite a bit bigger and heavier. I have the Pentax grip for my K10D and have removed it like twice over the past year. It just feels great and balances larger lenses (like your new one) quite well. I also like have an extra battery and SD card always around in the grip handle.
    Your lens is a rebadged Tamron with the Pentax coatings (I assume). I have seen quite acceptable images and it seems like a fine lens to carry if you don't want to deal with multiple
    lenses.
    Enjoy!
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2008
    Congratulations on your purchase! The K20D looks like a really amazing camera. Enjoy!
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,080 moderator
    edited August 16, 2008
    Hi Peter,

Congratulations on the new camera. clap.gif

I have to admit that Pentax cameras have always intrigued me and I still own some great Pentax glass.

The K20D does seem to indicate that Pentax will not be taken lightly and intends to be a player. I mean Pentax and Olympus and Sony have all been putting some nice features into their latest cameras and giving the big 2 manufacturers some competition. It's good for consumers and users.

Enjoy and share when you can.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums