Options

Lightroom Changing Colors?

GwagDesignsGwagDesigns Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
edited August 17, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
Ok, so i was a assistant wedding photog today and ill bring out this example image to explain my problem. I shot the picture on a Canon 30D in RAW with a 24-105L IS, on sRGB in the camera settings. -1 EV, ISO 400

Now, my problem occurs when i import to lightroom, i import, it saves it all right and good, but when i click on the iamge the first time, i see what i shot, a Red jeep, and the "Rendering Large Image". AFTER it rendes, my reds change to orange? picture to demonstrate included. What am i doing wrong, or what is lightroom doing?

I am also noticing as i upload, that pictures a bit lighter are getting brighter after rendering full image, and my greens get brighter as well.

colorchange.jpg
[7D] - [30D] - [GF1] - 70-200f4L | Sigma 10-20 | Sigma 105 | Sigma 18-50
www.GwagDesigns.com | Twitter | Facebook | Flickr

Comments

• Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    Ok, so i was a assistant wedding photog today and ill bring out this example image to explain my problem. I shot the picture on a Canon 30D in RAW with a 24-105L IS, on sRGB in the camera settings. -1 EV, ISO 400

Now, my problem occurs when i import to lightroom, i import, it saves it all right and good, but when i click on the iamge the first time, i see what i shot, a Red jeep, and the "Rendering Large Image". AFTER it rendes, my reds change to orange? picture to demonstrate included. What am i doing wrong, or what is lightroom doing?

I am also noticing as i upload, that pictures a bit lighter are getting brighter after rendering full image, and my greens get brighter as well.

Check your colour management settings. Are you shooting/importing in Adobe RGB and working in sRGB or the other way around?
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    It's probably the camera calibration profile. If you are using LR2, download the beta camera profiles. This includes a new Adobe Standard profile that is MUCH better than the old ACR ones. Those always turned Canon reds to orange. The current calibration profile is shown in the develop module at the bottom right panel.
    E
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited August 17, 2008
    I suspect the LR camera profiles are responsible as well.

For the new profiles for Lightroom V2, you need to go to www.labs.adobe.com for the new camera profiles for LR v2, as well as the DNG profile editor.

I don't believe these are supported in Lightroom v1. The new profiles will also be installed for Adobe Raw Convertor 4.5 as well.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin