Thunder from the past

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited August 19, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
There were 13 of these Trans Am racers at this show.....the largest gathering of this class of cars since the days of actual racing in the 70's. They fired off all these cars at one time. I think the earth shifted in its orbit.

The blue Camaro was driven by the late Mark Donohue and was the most successful car of the series...once winning 10 of 11 races. The guy by the Dodge is its driver and famed automotive writer, Sam Posey.

264366571_Hxcwj-XL.jpg

264365617_zXVNB-XL.jpg

264383464_E7LEh-XL.jpg

264383613_TZqZb-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    Howdy Tom,

Wow, what a great collection of Power and great racing History.

Neat Shots!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    Hi Tom
    Love those muscle cars! I watched the classic auto auction Saturday nite on TV. A california house. Name started with an M. I was amazed at how little some went for. A 1979 Rolls Silver Shadow (I think) beautifully restored went for $18K while a 57 Chevy (the holy grail of teenagers when I was one) went for about $28. There were a number of real nice muscle cars going for $12K - $15K.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    Hi Craig,

This Amelia Island Concours just keeps getting better and better. Every year they round up some of the most historical and fascinating cars you can imagine. There are many who feel this show has ascended to the very top of the league on a world-wide basis....due in large part to the extreme variety of the cars that show.

Take care, my friend.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    Hi Jack,

Boy, I'm really surprised at some of the prices you saw. If these cars were anywhere near first-class restorations, those figures are extremely low. I don't know a lot about the Rolls market, but the numbers on the muscle cars seem way off. Maybe the poor economy has hit this market pretty hard? I've kind of been shopping for a '64 Tri-Power GTO ( I bought one brand new in '64 ). The guys that have real nice ones want astronomical money and that has slowed me down quite a bit. The market may be softening a bit but I haven't seen it personally.

Take care of yourself.

Tom
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    Hi Tom
    Yup I couldn't believe my eyes. The chevy was a six cylinder so that probably lowered the price some.

Have a good one.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)