A Place For Some Tattoo Shots

DoWorkDoWork Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited August 18, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I am new to the site and to the digital world, been using 35mm and med format to take mostly candid shots of sporting events and weather. Just started working on taking some digital shots and started with my own tattoos... This is my first attempt at posting.

[IMG][/img]352973438_HX7Df-L.jpg
David A. Barney

Comments

• DoWorkDoWork Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    Here Is Another Shot Of One Of My Tattoos Taken In Total Darkness...

352972196_ZjQXr-L.jpg
    David A. Barney
    edited August 17, 2008
    HammerHead Gets Paid
    Last One Of Mine! Now Show Me Yours...

352976296_pvKNn-L.jpg
    David A. Barney
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    Impressive work of art you got there..I like the oldschool look alot!

I have 2 tattoos so far.. one of them is a work in progress..Just got half my sleeve outlined and will soon continue on it. The other one is a celtic tribe aka my first one :)

I don´t have any photos of em...But i guess it´s not just you and mee who got tattoos theese days.
  • OsirisPhotoOsirisPhoto Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    Interesting tattoos. Don't have any myself.. my friends are my surrogate art wearers. mwink.gif

A bit of a suggestion (you didn't ask, but I'm going to give it anyway :D)... don't take photos in the dark unless it adds to the image, and you don't need to fill the frame. In fact, it would look much better if we could see the tattoos in context.. i.e. lets see some more of you in the shot. Looks too much like a forensic photo with just the tattoos.

Could I widen the thread to include piercings? Here is my very tattooed friend Steve.

321010454_PA6wb-L.jpg
  • shinymamashinymama Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    I like these a lot. Colorful tattoos are my favorite and you definitely have some! Are they all done by the same artist?

I'm sure I can dig up some pictures but some of them are older and taken with the last camera (Canon 350D). I have a 20D now (still old but new to me).

I have a few Dali things going on. Not the best pics, but the idea is there.
    2488277969_05ed429002.jpg

2580611689_584a9f2e3f.jpg
    2509855201_0d64094dbe.jpg

87007702_f9069485d3.jpg
    edited August 18, 2008
    shinymama wrote:
    I like these a lot. Colorful tattoos are my favorite and you definitely have some! Are they all done by the same artist?

All sleeve is one person Bar Willis in Austin, Chris Gunn did the cards. Your shots are great, I see the importance of showing more of the person in the shot. I think I got hung up wanting to highlight the work.
    David A. Barney
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    ...Could I widen the thread to include piercings? Here is my very tattooed friend Steve.

That's a great shot. I like the scream image in the eyes. Is that done in post processing?

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • StuggiStuggi Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    Interesting tattoos. Don't have any myself.. my friends are my surrogate art wearers. mwink.gif

A bit of a suggestion (you didn't ask, but I'm going to give it anyway :D)... don't take photos in the dark unless it adds to the image, and you don't need to fill the frame. In fact, it would look much better if we could see the tattoos in context.. i.e. lets see some more of you in the shot. Looks too much like a forensic photo with just the tattoos.

Could I widen the thread to include piercings? Here is my very tattooed friend Steve.

321010454_PA6wb-L.jpg

Are the eyes the result of PP or coloured contacts? ^^
    Sebastian

Gear:
    Digital: Olympus E-520 with Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 and 40-150mm 1:4-5.6

Analog: Canon FTb with Canon FD 50mm 1:1.8 S.C., Tokina 28mm 1:2.8 & Vivitar 80-200mm 1:4.5

flickr
  • OsirisPhotoOsirisPhoto Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    Cuong / Stuggi, many thanks and yes PP on both counts.