Options

College Dorm Life

txtrinitytigertxtrinitytiger Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited April 25, 2005 in Landscapes
Today I decided to focus around where I live...

#1 - The Trinity Bubble
I attend Trinity University in San Antonio, TX and thought of this photo today. The building depicted in the photo behind the bars is actually a freshmen dorm. Since we have to live on campus for the first three years, everyone always talks about the Trinity Bubble... as in we never get out and do things in the city or know much about San Antonio.
Trinity%20Behind%20Bars.jpg

#2 - Unbalanced Dorm Life
Not exactly sure what I was thinking here, but given that most students walk up and down these areas to go to classes and such, I tried to show the unstability that many are experiencing due to finals and all that good stuff. I attempted to push the limits as far as vectors and frame balancing.
Pushing%20the%20Limits.jpg

#3 - Lone Bench
Once again, this is in front of my dorm. Many people use the bench to study or even sometimes, like myself, sleep. One night it was a nice 75 degrees outside and I actually fell asleep on the bench. I tried a B/W version of it, but since there isn't a huge contrast across the photo, the B/W looked too busy (even with playing around with the levels). In all, I know this kind of photo is common.
Lone_Bench.jpg

As usual, comments and thoughts are encouraged :) I know my share of review for other people's photos is due, but I feel that my knowledge over photography is not as great as those who have been here for awhile.

~ JLR

Comments

• Options
    SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    Nice work at getting out of the usual and into some new, unique perspectives. The bech is my fav. thumb.gif

Susan
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    Yes, I agree, I think the bench shot is the one that works.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 25, 2005
    I remember being an undergrad, my horizons were pretty tilted back then too... lol3.gif

The bench has potential. I still wouldn't mind seeing it with something lining up though. I don't mind skewed horizons, but usually I use them with something in motion, or implying motion. Your take on the bench is more relaxing and soothing, so the skewing is kind of confusing me.
    headscratch.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]