Options

pc lightroom code work on mac?

mrfizzedmrfizzed Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
edited August 18, 2008 in Finishing School
does anyone know if i go from a pc and get a mac and install lightroom from adobe.com can i use my paid for registration code that i had for my pc version?

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    It is a cross platform license. In fact you can use one license for two installations (used one at a time), such as Desktop Mac for main work and a PC Laptop for the road.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited August 17, 2008
    In your account at adobe, you are offered both windows and mac versions of the code I believe.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2008
    pathfinder wrote:
    In your account at adobe, you are offered both windows and mac versions of the code I believe.
    For Lightroom there is one code for both platforms, unlike other Adobe products. The LR disc has both Mac and Win versions on it and One Serial Number!

Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited August 17, 2008
    It may be the same code, but in my account there are separate buttons for mac and win downloads ne_nau.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2008
    Yes there are differing downloads. for the App, a Mac 32/64/bit version and PC 32bit Version, 64bit version and Vista version, IIRC.

You can download them individually or they are all present on the Disc copy. OR you can download the appropriate 'Trial' version and apply your one license to that.

:D
    Don