DSS M1 Feedback, please

VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
edited August 17, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've got other ideas for photos, but here's a start.

Good, bad - start over?

Salt of the Earth

A.
353713957_uvkad-M.jpg

B.
353599075_gAvDv-M.jpg

C.
353599347_YuKHe-M.jpg

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    interesting shots but I really wouldn't have gotten it without the title... I don't think they have a lot of wow factor... Good luck, this is the big one, and competition is pretty stiff!

Winston
  • VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    interesting shots but I really wouldn't have gotten it without the title... I don't think they have a lot of wow factor... Good luck, this is the big one, and competition is pretty stiff!

Winston

Thanks for your honest opinion. I want to get that WOW factor, too... and you're right - it's gonna be tough with the competition.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 17, 2008
    of the three images the first one is the best. Although I have to agree with winston...without the title I would have been scratching my head to context of the theme.headscratch.gif It is a tough competition. Best of luck to you!
    edited August 17, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    of the three images the first one is the best. Although I have to agree with winston...without the title I would have been scratching my head to context of the theme.headscratch.gif It is a tough competition. Best of luck to you!

Thanks!
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif with everything that's been said. #1 is the best of the lot, but the theme is too subtly captured. Best of luck to you! thumb.gif
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2008
    watch out for the refection in the globe, make sure there isnt any in it...imo

the salt looks like crack or ice at first...though i have never seen crack dont go by me....:D ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif

maybe a giant load of table salt and set the globe in it. kinda like a beach...ne_nau.gif
    Aaron Nelson
    edited August 17, 2008
    watch out for the refection in the globe, make sure there isnt any in it...imo

the salt looks like crack or ice at first...though i have never seen crack dont go by me....:D ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif

maybe a giant load of table salt and set the globe in it. kinda like a beach...ne_nau.gif

The worst part of table salt and making the pile, is that when the globe sits on it, you don't get the reflection of the sky - it picks up the white from the salt. Where that's OK, it doesn't give much definition to the subject.

Thanks to all of you for the comments.
    edited August 17, 2008
    btw, i like the third one, but i still look at it and it seems ice to me....thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
    edited August 17, 2008
    llittle idea...pour table salt around just like you have done with the rock salt and leave enough room for the mirror to do its job...ne_nau.gif
    Aaron Nelson