EXIF link working for sure?

TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
edited August 18, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
hello all, i just found out today from a very merciful mega challenge contestant that my exif link was not working.
ive done it the same way since lps so why not now, and besides it works for me when i click it.......

guess what for you that dont know (like i didnt...)

if one is logged into ones smugmug web site and you have the gallery password protected, yes one can click the exif link and see ones exif data completely fine....

but,.....no one else can......!

so the moral of the story is log out of your website and then test to make sure your link is seen as intended....

that would have really really bitten me hard to have been DQ'ed from the DSS M1. but i would have deserved it.
Aaron Nelson

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 17, 2008
    good of you to mention it. I always assume that what I see is what others see. I did sign out and checked mine and it seems to be fine. My album is not private though...glad someone checked it out for you!
  • VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    Thanks for the info! thumb.gif
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    ahh haaa!
    I have been having problems too. One of my entries, that even made it to the voting pole, apparantly was not able to be seen by anyone...but I could see it when ever I looked at the thread. I was baffled. So...now I know. Thanks for the heads up...I was thinking something was wrong with SmugMug.
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    Karrie McD wrote:
    apparantly was not able to be seen by anyone..
    External links must be on in your gallery setting.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    thanks Andy, i should have mentioned that also...thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson