High Up On Aurora Slabialous

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited August 20, 2008 in Sports
Me and Tracy met up with my buddy John in the mountains for some climbing a couple days ago. We found Kelsey's car and gear, and made an educated guess on which climbing wall he was off climbing, but we were wrong. John and I made it all the way to the Aurora Slab, quite a bit uphill from the road, and enjoyed a leisurely day with only some light sprinkles of rain and one nice and easy route, way out there without a soul in sight. Quite fun. Enjoy the pics! :D

On the hike up to the Aurora Slab, there's an old mining generator, or some machine, just sitting out in the middle of a boulder field. This thing was put here before helicopters were around, but darned if I can figure out how! All I got was a closeup of one bit though.
aurora01.jpg

John prepares for the climb, with Archangel Valley behind.
aurora02.jpg

I climbed first, and shot John as he headed up.
aurora03.jpg

aurora05.jpg

aurora06.jpg

aurora08.jpg

Another route had been done nearby, but from the looks of the anchor, it had only been done once. :rofl
aurora09.jpg

Eventually it might be tough to find this at all. :D
aurora10.jpg

Thanks for viewing! Hope you enjoyed the shots!
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited August 19, 2008
    Clip that anchor and that'd be the last one :eek1

How quickly does stuff rot there?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    ian408 wrote:
    Clip that anchor and that'd be the last one :eek1

How quickly does stuff rot there?

Hehehe yeah. It's not too bad here, webbing for rappels lasts through two or three seasons before it gets crispy and sketchy. THAT webbing has probably been there more than a decade, to actually have lichen GROWING on it. Kinda cool. :D I was actually so impressed, I forgot to check out the anchor and see what sort of pieces it was. eek7.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com