Cool Video of how an SLR is made!

jrmyrnsmjrmyrnsm Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited August 20, 2008 in Cameras
Hey I came across this video of a Canon 10D and a 24-85mm and its an very well done annimation of how a the camera and lens are made. It made me appreciate just how complex that camera I pick up really is and also made me never want to have to take it apart! I have a lot more respect for the people that work at the Canon repair shop now... Anyways HERE is the video. Enjoy!:thumb
Georgia based wedding photographer shooting all Fuji and loving every second of it!

My Website My Blog DPChallenge

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,080 moderator
    edited August 18, 2008
    Great find! thumb.gif

Thanks,
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    jrmyrnsm wrote:
    Enjoy!thumb.gif

I did, thanks :D

Having taken my 300D apart once to replace the sensor filter, I already knew a bit of what's going on in there. Still quite amazing.

It took me three hours and thirty minutes to do the IR-filter job. I don't know how fast repair technicians are required to work, but I'm sort of guessing I'd need lots more practise!
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    wow!
    the hours upon hours that they must have spent making all of the 3d models then rendering it. somebody was really good at 3d studio max. clap.gif
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    I'd love to watch this thing but it won't load for me ... tried several times throughout the day. It gets hung up on Read farm4.static.flickr.com ne_nau.gif.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • jrmyrnsmjrmyrnsm Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    I'd love to watch this thing but it won't load for me ... tried several times throughout the day. It gets hung up on Read farm4.static.flickr.com ne_nau.gif.
    Here is a slightly lower quality version of the same video on YouTube. Enjoy it!
    Georgia based wedding photographer shooting all Fuji and loving every second of it!

My Website My Blog DPChallenge
  • Wingin'ItWingin'It Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    dangin wrote:
    wow!
    the hours upon hours that they must have spent making all of the 3d models then rendering it. somebody was really good at 3d studio max. clap.gif

+1

There was a lot of time spent on that project. The model itself looks like it was designed using a program like Inventor, and then Imported into 3dsMax. Awesome job!
    I was perfectly fine with my camera until I found this place. :evil :dunno
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    Thanks ... it is quite an amazing video ... it's hard to imagine people sitting down and designing all that complexity. It's a wonder that it all works so well, at least most of the time.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008

Woohoo! I also was unable to view the old link. I'm guessing its China ********************************Message Censored due to negative words about glorious China**************************

I'm so happy that I can view pages on you tube.