Options

Not able to rearrange gallery

johnmuellerjohnmueller Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited August 18, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hey all

I've been doing this for a long time, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing.

I just uploaded my most recent wedding shots. About 400 photos. Nothing unusual. Typically, I change the viewing style so it's ordered by DATE TAKEN. That puts the most recent ones at the beginning. Good.

Then I typically save it, come back to it and arrange it by POSITION, so I'm able to move them around. And then I put a few of my favorite shots from the wedding at the front, so my viewers will see those first.

I can't even change my gallery to DATE TAKEN. In fact, when in normal Arrange mode, I can't even click on a photo to move it up/down.

Is there a site problem?

I've tried this in both Firefox & IE7.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2008
    Hey all

I've been doing this for a long time, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing.

I just uploaded my most recent wedding shots. About 400 photos. Nothing unusual. Typically, I change the viewing style so it's ordered by DATE TAKEN. That puts the most recent ones at the beginning. Good.

Then I typically save it, come back to it and arrange it by POSITION, so I'm able to move them around. And then I put a few of my favorite shots from the wedding at the front, so my viewers will see those first.

I can't even change my gallery to DATE TAKEN. In fact, when in normal Arrange mode, I can't even click on a photo to move it up/down.

Is there a site problem?

I've tried this in both Firefox & IE7.

Anyone else?
    Do not set the sort under customize gallery, leave it at default or none,
    ascending order. Use the instant sort under photo tools for date taken then
    you can individually arrange photos around.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog