Life of the Nikon D300

morgan20morgan20 Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
edited August 19, 2008 in Cameras
The Nikon D300 has been around a while, replacing the D200. Now the new D700 is out. Can anyone tell me please - does this mean the D300 will cease to exist on shop shelves as the new big brother/sister has arrived, or will shops still stock and sell the D300?

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    morgan20 wrote:
    The Nikon D300 has been around a while, replacing the D200. Now the new D700 is out. Can anyone tell me please - does this mean the D300 will cease to exist on shop shelves as the new big brother/sister has arrived, or will shops still stock and sell the D300?

The D700 does not replace the D300 in Nikon's lineup. It fills the gap in their FF line-up and is meant to compete with the 5D (and its eventual replacement) in the Canon line-up.

The D300 has been out less than a year. Nikon does not normally replace models that fast. I wouldn't expect a replacement for the D300 for at least another year.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    Harryb wrote:
    The D700 does not replace the D300 in Nikon's lineup. It fills the gap in their FF line-up and is meant to compete with the 5D (and its eventual replacement) in the Canon line-up.

The D300 has been out less than a year. Nikon does not normally replace models that fast. I wouldn't expect a replacement for the D300 for at least another year.

15524779-Ti.gif

The D300 is a SWEET camera! Plus, even when it does get replaced, the D300 will still be as fantastic as it is now.