Options

Monitor displaying to the left

Howard BarlowHoward Barlow Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
edited August 21, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
Yesterday, after restarting after an update, the display image is somewhat too far left, and not filling the screen.

The left border of the page is slightly out of frame. T he word 'Done', down on the nav bar, is cropped off to where the 'e' is all that shows. The Windows flag on the start button is cut in half. Plus, I now have a 1" space, top to bottom, on the right side.

I have restarted three times. My screen is set at 1280x1024, which is the factory setting. Any and every other setting distorts the page.

What's up with all that?
You don’t pay me by the hour. You pay for the years of hard work that made it possible for me to paint such a picture in only one hour! Pablo Picasso

Comments

• Options
    NewsyNewsy Registered Users Posts: 605 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    Yesterday, after restarting after an update, the display image is somewhat too far left, and not filling the screen.

The left border of the page is slightly out of frame. T he word 'Done', down on the nav bar, is cropped off to where the 'e' is all that shows. The Windows flag on the start button is cut in half. Plus, I now have a 1" space, top to bottom, on the right side.

I have restarted three times. My screen is set at 1280x1024, which is the factory setting. Any and every other setting distorts the page.

What's up with all that?

What is your monitor? LCD or CRT? Brand & Model?

How is it connected - via Analog or DVI?

Windows XP or Vista?

Video card? Brand and model?

First thing I'd try is check that the cable has not come loose or oxide on the contacts is making for a bad connection. Reseat the cable assembly at both the PC and monitor - do this a few times

Then check the particulars of the monitor configuration - what screen refresh rate? Is the monitor listed under monitor type?

Only then try to reset to the monitor's hardware defaults via the monitor menus.
  • Options
    Howard BarlowHoward Barlow Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    Whoops, I forgot about this, since I figured it out. I think the update caused it, as it was fine until it restarted.

It's a Samsung LCD 971P, DVI, XP Pro, I think NVIDIA GE Force 6800, maybe.

I forgot the off/on button was also an auto reset button. That jumped it back to full frame.

Thanks.
    You don’t pay me by the hour. You pay for the years of hard work that made it possible for me to paint such a picture in only one hour! Pablo Picasso