The beautiful Jarisel Cruz

TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
edited August 19, 2008 in People
This was my first portrait shot, and I just was given permission by the model to post these pictures here. Enjoy! C & C please! Working on getting a proper light solution.

332885006_7cD4x-L.jpg

332885062_eFKAE-L.jpg

332885016_Qbrsm-L.jpg

332816804_RoCRy-L.jpg

332817018_Uh3TK-L.jpg
Frank Martinez
Nikon Shooter
It's all about the moment...

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    You don't need permission....you're the photog! :D It was rather gentlemanly of you though. I like #2 the best. However, the backlighting (behind her and to her right) has darkened her face with shadows....try lightening this up a bit.
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    Idlewild wrote:
    You don't need permission....you're the photog! :D It was rather gentlemanly of you though. I like #2 the best. However, the backlighting (behind her and to her right) has darkened her face with shadows....try lightening this up a bit.

I was actually limited by just the over head lights. I know, I should be ashamed of being a photographer. :puke Next month, I promise to have way better and brighter shots! Thanks for the C & C.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    Seems like white balance is off on all the shots except #5
    Post the settings you used on your cam, that would help. Also, some harsh shadows are present, you sure do need more light there.

Beautiful girl! clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
    edited August 19, 2008
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Seems like white balance is off on all the shots except #5
    Post the settings you used on your cam, that would help. Also, some harsh shadows are present, you sure do need more light there.

Beautiful girl! clap.gif

Thanks Shepsmom.

This was done with the on camera flash on my D40 and the light bulbs on my ceiling fan. LoL.

Can I ask you a question about your equipment? What do you think about the SB600? I need a good flash and I do this for a hobby so I don't have all the money in the world to dedicate to this. Every month I make a major purchase for my gear and this month I wanted to buy a good ligthting kit. Next month I'm definately going to pick up a flash, but not sure if I should get the SB600 or the SB800. Just picked up the 50mm 1.8 this month, and man oh man, what a beast that little guy is.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    Trevlan wrote:
    Thanks Shepsmom.

This was done with the on camera flash on my D40 and the light bulbs on my ceiling fan. LoL.

Can I ask you a question about your equipment? What do you think about the SB600? I need a good flash and I do this for a hobby so I don't have all the money in the world to dedicate to this. Every month I make a major purchase for my gear and this month I wanted to buy a good ligthting kit. Next month I'm definately going to pick up a flash, but not sure if I should get the SB600 or the SB800. Just picked up the 50mm 1.8 this month, and man oh man, what a beast that little guy is.

Well, i have SB600 and SB800, I also just got a studio lighting, 3 light set-up to play with, i'm mostly "into" natural light/outdoors shooting, but also like to play with artificial lighting, it's fun here and there :D
    I have nifty-fifty and just picked up 17-55, got to do some more testing before i can post any pictures.
    Either flash should do you good, 600 is a lot cheaper of course, just learn how to use it. You already have a beautiful subject thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
    edited August 19, 2008
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Well, i have SB600 and SB800, I also just got a studio lighting, 3 light set-up to play with, i'm mostly "into" natural light/outdoors shooting, but also like to play with artificial lighting, it's fun here and there :D
    I have nifty-fifty and just picked up 17-55, got to do some more testing before i can post any pictures.
    Either flash should do you good, 600 is a lot cheaper of course, just learn how to use it. You already have a beautiful subject thumb.gif

She definately is! Thanks. I'm sure she'll be happy to hear that. :-)

I'll start off with the SB600, I'm practicing with my D40 and I'm planning on purchasing the D700 by the year's end. Very excited about that full frame monster.

Thanks for everything.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    To add to what's been said, the hair in her teeth in the last shot does not look too yummy. :P
    You may want to clone that out.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
    edited August 19, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    To add to what's been said, the hair in her teeth in the last shot does not look too yummy. :P
    You may want to clone that out.

I tried to get it out and it didn't look too good when I completed it. So I left it as is. That was more of a candid shot when we were on the beach. I'll be sure to remove hair from the face from my next shots. Thanks! And we definately need to go out shooting. You're right here in NYC, let's make something happen!
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter