ch-37-second go-Rocketman

RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited April 26, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
So, I went out this weekend to try a few nature shots of patterns, also one indoors of a flower, thoughts? Do these fit in the theme of patterns or are they more just nature shots?
flower-1.jpg
i know the background is a bit busy in the one above but...

leaf-edge.jpg

I tried to apply some texture to the one above, but again not sure if it "works" or not

stem-1-1.jpg

let me know your thoughts

RM
http://roadrunes.com
"It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 25, 2005
    Nature definitely is great at patterns, but i don't see strong repeated patterns in these photos. I like your treatment on the second, maybe not for a print, but makes a very cool image thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2005
    I love Spring, the colors in the second photo rocks. I don't think that the patterns are central to the photo.
  • RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    thanks for the comments and i think you're both right, not really strong on patterns or at least repeating ones, nature tends more more toward random, guess I'll have try a few using man-made objects. Finding really interesting patterns is harder than it would at first seem.

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D
  • Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    RocketMan wrote:
    thanks for the comments and i think you're both right, not really strong on patterns or at least repeating ones, nature tends more more toward random, guess I'll have try a few using man-made objects. Finding really interesting patterns is harder than it would at first seem.

RM

Nature is rife with pattern, but we're so used to seeing it that when it's shown to us, we don't see the pattern unless it's spelled out. I've seen a few good ones but its tough to do.

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur