Splendor Help Please

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited August 20, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have shot these so far. Please tell me if you think I am headed in the right direction. I am having a real tough time with this one for some reason and all insight is appreciated. Thanks

355096325_M9NzK-L.jpg

355092136_avPJ3-L.jpg

355090892_hb94k-L.jpg

Any thought, opinions or critique is welcomed. Again, I am struggling with this one.

everything is straight out of the camera, no photoshop work has been done yet,

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 20, 2008
    ok...to be honest there is no wow factor in this. The shots need alittle more splendor to them...maybe shoot again when the lighting is more dramatic or there are some more clouds in the sky? Sorry I am not much help. Its a tough competition.ne_nau.gif
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 20, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    ok...to be honest there is no wow factor in this. The shots need alittle more splendor to them...maybe shoot again when the lighting is more dramatic or there are some more clouds in the sky? Sorry I am not much help. Its a tough competition.ne_nau.gif

Thanks JAG. I agree, there is no WOW factor and I can't seem to put my finger on what's missing. Lighting was definitely on the list. I am totally rethinking the whole shoot now.
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    JAG is right. Also: 1) make sure you straighten your images, 2) you've got a dust spot on your sensor you need to clone out, and 3) the color/white balance is off (blue color cast). I think your idea is great. You just need the right lighting, the right angle, and the right building. Keep shooting!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 20, 2008
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    JAG is right. Also: 1) make sure you straighten your images, 2) you've got a dust spot on your sensor you need to clone out, and 3) the color/white balance is off (blue color cast). I think your idea is great. You just need the right lighting, the right angle, and the right building. Keep shooting!

I had a blue filter on so hence the blue color cast and that also had the dust spot. I wipe and wipe and still the dang thing gets a spot. never fails. Laughing.gif
    Thanks for the insight. I haven't quit found the right building yet either.
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    barrotj wrote:
    I had a blue filter on so hence the blue color cast and that also had the dust spot. I wipe and wipe and still the dang thing gets a spot. never fails. Laughing.gif

What are you wiping?
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    barrotj wrote:

I don't know. That looks more like a dust particle on your sensor than a spot on your filter. But sometimes it's hard to tell.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers