Options

At long Last... The Pamplona Bull Photographer

wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
edited April 13, 2004 in The Big Picture
After a long and difficult search, I have found the man who took this shot.

Pamplona.jpg

Or more precisely, I have found the lens he used. He just sold it on E-bay. :rofl :rofl :rofl

2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
Sid.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au

Comments

• Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    He just sold it on E-bay.

For $2900.00!!! That is amazing that someone paid that much for it. eek7.gifheadscratch.gifne_nau.gifdeal.gifumph.gif
  • Options
    zero-zerozero-zero Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2004
    I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the optics were working just cherry. But I agree that is some beating there. umph.gif
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2004
    I wonder if he kept a protective UV filter on it? :lol
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    zero-zerozero-zero Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2004
    rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2004
    It looks like he's been using salt water to clean the thing!

One of my college buddies had an Nikon F3 with a big dent in the finder. Anyone whos ever held a F3 will tell you the things are tough. In fact the F3 isn't built like a tank, tanks are built like Nikon F3s. When I asked the story behind the dent she said "Errant hockey puck caught during an NHL game. Inch lower it would have gone straight down the barrel of a 400 2.8, inch higher it would have gone through my head." :yikes