San Juan Harbor (BW)

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited August 19, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
One of the cruise ship docks. The buildings are all different pastel shades. Color version is here.

355225037_Usweo-XL.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    One of the cruise ship docks. The buildings are all different pastel shades. Color version is here.

I like the B&W version, image is leaning to the right, horizons not straight.
    Crop would fix that.

Seeing it in B&W makes it look like a very old shot, I like it Jack thumb.gif
    ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    Hey Jack,

I really like the contrast you're getting in your B&W efforts. However, I prefer the color version of this scene. The dynamic shades of pastels you get in many of these Caribbean settings are what make the whole thing work for me.....but then, I'm a notorious color freak anyway.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    I like the B&W version, image is leaning to the right, horizons not straight.
    Crop would fix that.

Seeing it in B&W makes it look like a very old shot, I like it Jack thumb.gif
    ... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy. Don't know how I missed that headscratch.gif It's fixed now.

Jack
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    Hey Jack,

I really like the contrast you're getting in your B&W efforts. However, I prefer the color version of this scene. The dynamic shades of pastels you get in many of these Caribbean settings are what make the whole thing work for me.....but then, I'm a notorious color freak anyway.

Tom

Between you and I Tom, I prefer the color version too. The soft pastel buildings are beautiful. However they do convert well to B&W due to the whole range of tones you get.

Jack