Which is better? (for DSS Mega)

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited August 20, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have been staring at my entry for awhile....which do you like better? All critiques and comments welcome.

1.354696505_LtKxH-L-1.jpg

2.353159756_FQui5-L-2.jpg

EDITED

I agree that the crumbs needed cleaned up. I also liked the other flame better. Not too sure what is being seen in the reflection of the bottle....all I see is the trees, clouds, reflection from the glass window that was behind me and maybe if you look real close you can see the deck railing. As for my reflection...its pretty well hidden in top of the bottle...as I was standing on a chair and hanging over...without being in the reflection of the mirror....no kids were up ....it was taken first thing this morning when the sun had just gotten up.
1A. 355255402_rWh7Q-L-1.jpg

Edited
Ok...fixed some of the reflections to make it subtler
1B. 355293770_gfrAc-L-1.jpg

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    I like the way you captured the candle flame on #1 better than in #2. Also the direct overhead angle in #1 is better, IMO. I think if you're going to use #1, make sure you clean up the bread crumbs. mwink.gif
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    I like #1 better. The composition feels stronger. And I agree about cleaning up the breadcrumbs. thumb.gif
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    Agree about #1 - feels more cohesive.
    However, you have lots of reflections in the wine bottle that may need work - I think I see 1 or 2 kids in there ne_nau.gif
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    number 2, definitely number 2... way stronger composition than 1 and the flame is nicer... besides 1 has to much to mess with... the bread crumbs and bottle reflections...

Winston
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 19, 2008
    Thanks for the response. I have added some edits to number 1. The bummer is that my computer is in the shop and I have to rely on a very old laptop with a monitor hooked up that I am not thinking the contrast can be set correctly on. So not sure about what you all are seeing in the reflections....its all pretty dark to me. I don't think I will get my computer back till the end of the month!:cry
  • snowalkersnowalker Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    I liked no 2. The bottles looks like a city high rise buildings...
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    #2 is still my fave. I like the balance of the composition better.clap.gif