Parachute Running

boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited August 21, 2008 in Sports
New to this group. OK ... new to digital grin overall. While photographing the youth track program for my running club yesterday I caught this image of a high school age participant doing a lap pulling a parachute. All I did with this was crop and reduce "clarity" in Lightroom. I liked the affect ... thought I'd share. Comments encouraged.

DSC_7902.jpg

Comments

• 2whlrcr2whlrcr Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    I like it. Can you frame the runner all the way to the left of frame, with the chute centered? Or about 2/3's to the left of frame? I'm curious, I might like that framing better?
  • boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2008
    2whlrcr wrote:
    I like it. Can you frame the runner all the way to the left of frame, with the chute centered? Or about 2/3's to the left of frame? I'm curious, I might like that framing better?

Good suggestion ... thanks. I wish I had more real estate on the tail end, but I do like this cropping better:
    DSC_7902-2.gif
  • davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    The first print rocks. The other one has a distracting blur on the right hand side.

No need to follow any rule of thirds here. The runner needs all that space on the left side of the print.

Plus, he looks like Batman is after him. :-)

Great work. I'd hang that one (the first one) on my wall. Really.

Want to sell me a signed print? Err...maybe trade one?

Cheers,
    David
  • boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    The first print rocks. The other one has a distracting blur on the right hand side.

No need to follow any rule of thirds here. The runner needs all that space on the left side of the print.

Plus, he looks like Batman is after him. :-)

Great work. I'd hang that one (the first one) on my wall. Really.

Want to sell me a signed print? Err...maybe trade one?

Cheers,
    David

Thanks ... you've convinced me not to change the final image.
    If you are serious about a print exchange, please email me. I checked out your site. GREAT work!