Fun with a polarizer

mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
edited August 20, 2008 in Landscapes
These were taken in or on the way to the Eastern Townships in Quebec, in the town of Abercorn, starting with:

354843728_cPhEJ-L.jpg

With some looks at a pond:

354892207_V77Ew-L.jpg

And:

354925109_oqqn2-L.jpg

As well as:

354895410_tmBQf-L.jpg

Any comments, critiques, etc are definitely welcome. I'm messing around with Lightroom 2, and so the colors may be a bit.. weird. I like them, especially since I live in LA and we just don't have anything remotely like this where I am in Southern California.

The watermarking may be aggressive; let me know if it's distracting from a critique (but after having a few of my photos wander off, I'm loathe to remove it).

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    What watermarking? I'm missing it.

The last one has the most potential, I believe. But it needs a bit of re-composing, I think.

What happened with the first one? It's out of focus and seriously uncontrasty.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    I ditched the password on this set, because some of my relatives were complaining.

The problem with the first one is that I'm messing with Lightroom 2, and am trying to figure out how to get the 'look' right-- if you have suggestions, I'm all ears-- but these types of things do tend to switch from monitor to monitor, it seems.

How would you change the last one? I like it the best too, but something is missing, and I don't know what it is.
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    mmroden wrote:
    How would you change the last one? I like it the best too, but something is missing, and I don't know what it is.

Not sure. The tree on the left edge is distracting. I would have liked to see the entire middle tree in the reflection, I think. Was this a one-time shot or will you return and try to reshoot it?
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    I agree your last photo is the best, but needs to be straightened some. Your third I like to....the dirt mounds leading to the water adds to the photo thumb.gif