Christmas Comes Early!

photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited August 20, 2008 in People
Well you know what they say, "Christmas keeps coming earlier every year." Well this year it came early at Vegas Vision Studios or is it late? Either way today we shot our first Holiday themed shoot in the new studio and I would like to introduce to you Ms. Lyndsay Marie, Sexy Mrs. Santa 2008
Long may she reign over the The Jolly Old Elf!
Model - Lyndsay Marie
MUA - Marissa Rose
355415459_c2HsW-L-1.jpg

355415466_ivPNo-L-1.jpg

355415470_MWiDg-L-1.jpg

355415499_uHbgr-L-1.jpg

355415481_ZC3gQ-L-1.jpg

355415501_pcRMH-L-1.jpg

355415500_QcQei-XL-1.jpg

C&C Welcomed
Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

Comments

• erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    Forget that old bastard, I'm sittin' on her lap this year!rolleyes1.gif
  • photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    erson83 wrote:
    Forget that old bastard, I'm sittin' on her lap this year!rolleyes1.gif

Laughing.gif yea I think her line will definately be longer then the Hairy Fat Guy's
    Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    Nice captures but it is hard to shoot bright reds I guess. The reds seem a bit too saturated
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    My favorite thing about this shoot is her varied expressions. Probably the difference between professional models and all the "real people" I get to shoot. Something to think about and practice when I coach people for the shots.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    Great series, nicely pulled highkey! thumb.gif Lovely model too! clap.gif
    What did you use for snow, or was it PS-ed in? headscratch.gif
    Gorgeous leggies in #4 mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited August 20, 2008
    Qarik wrote:
    Nice captures but it is hard to shoot bright reds I guess. The reds seem a bit too saturated

It is true, they are tough to shoot and I did intentionally bump the saturation a touch on the reds but in the end they are reasonably true to the actual red of the suits and bag. Thebag is actually a deeper darker red but I changed it to cmatech the suits more closely
    edited August 20, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Great series, nicely pulled highkey! thumb.gif Lovely model too! clap.gif
    What did you use for snow, or was it PS-ed in? headscratch.gif
    Gorgeous leggies in #4 mwink.gif

Fake plastic snow flakes which I bought at Wal Mart last year. I had a couple assistants sprinkling them down from the catwalk on the cyclorama and then cloned in more to give the snowstorm a bit more dof and fullness

Funny #4 seems to be an overall favorite across the many forums I visit and her leggies have drawn more comments then anything else from both men and women.
    edited August 20, 2008
    My favorite thing about this shoot is her varied expressions. Probably the difference between professional models and all the "real people" I get to shoot. Something to think about and practice when I coach people for the shots.

Yes working with pro models is always a charm. I shoot these kind of series with multiple models every year for my stock portfolio but for the Holiday stuff I always book a pro. By using a pro model I can create in 2 hours what it would take me 10 hours to create with an aspiring model and the real difference is almost always in the facial expressions
  • m_granitem_granite Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    Nice!
    Nice! 3,4 & 7 are very nice!
    Alex Q.
    edited August 20, 2008
    m_granite wrote:
    Nice! 3,4 & 7 are very nice!

Thanks Alex