Pothead

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited August 21, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
355599908_L6k4m-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    Very cool shot rolleyes1.gif I am a little distracted by the tilt and the bottom being cut off. thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for looking in. Believe me, there was nothing squared up in this whole scene. In fact, I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen a pothead who could stand up straight.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited August 20, 2008
    Here's a more inclusive version wherein I sacrifice more of the geometry of the rest of the scene to make the pump appear more upright.

355629828_JNU5B-XL.jpg
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    I think I like that second one more (just my view). Brings back fond memories. thumb.gif Thanks.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    I like the first one better. Even tho the gas pump is alittle tilted that doesn't bother me, but adds to it...just my opinion tho.

What I found interesting in the photo...the shovel behind the gas pump :D
    edited August 21, 2008
    Hi Mary,

Thanks for your comments. Like you, I prefer the first photo. The pump actually had a lean even more pronounced than either picture shows...I, too, think it enhances the mood of the scene.

Tom
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    Nice. Nice. Nice. I love these kinds of shots! Good color and exposure!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    Ahhh I remember fondly pulling up to one of these pumps, putting in $0.50 worth of gas and heading off to the drive-in for a hamburger and soda (another 50 cents). What better way to spend a Friday nite? :D

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited August 21, 2008
    Hi Jeff...

Thanks for your comments. I hunt for scenes like this every chance I get.
    edited August 21, 2008
    Hey Jack,

Boy, you called that right. Nothing was better than an evening like that. The highlight of the night was when you popped the trunk and let your buddies, that you had snuck in, come out and join the fun. Dang, those were good days.

Tom