Valley of Enchantment

wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited August 21, 2008 in Landscapes
421-sawpit-2-v2-1gs.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• bon4irebon4ire Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    I like it. But I usually take something enchanting as being colorful. But that's me.

Bb
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    Interesting place reminds me of some movie i saw years back headscratch.gifthumb
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    bon4ire wrote:
    I like it. But I usually take something enchanting as being colorful. But that's me.

Bb

Thanks. I tend to define 'enchantment', as the delusion we experience prior to being dropped off into the fires of Hell and torment. Sort of like prom night (An Enchanted Evening theme) and the morning after when a kid wakes up hungover after being too drunk, feeling up his girl friend's best friend and the sickening memory of swiping a powerpole with his dad's car backing out of the liquor store parking lot, + being late for work. OR, happy, talking trees that turn gothic and evil, eating children baked in a witch's gingerbread oven. No sense in perpetuating the facade. :)

With the grayscale version I've brought out much more depth and detail in the trees and branches than the color version afforded.

This location actually is called the Valley of Enchantment, located in Crestline, Ca. Just beyond the darkest part of the forest in the photo is a saddle between the ridges. The egress is known as, Devil's Canyon.
    Anybody can do it.
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    Interesting place reminds me of some movie i saw years back headscratch.gifthumb

The Valley of Enchantment, Crestline, CA, may very well have been a location for a movie. Only 60 miles from Hollywood, the San Bernardino National Forest area has been used in a number of movies, television shows and commercials.
    Anybody can do it.