7 Ave

nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
edited August 21, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
342754724_ELpXC-XL.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    I get a red "X" - do you have external links turned on ('cause I can take the URL and get the photo that way).

Cool shot!
  • nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    Thanks Scott!

I fixed the links.

Nikos
  • Blaze Z BlazeBlaze Z Blaze Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    amazing shot. I love the angle and the HDR? I am trying to learn HDR processing myself and am far from mastering it. Any tips you can give me? I have been using CS3 automated HDR Merge.
  • VersusNYCVersusNYC Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    If you want that surreal HDR effect that is popular these days, try Photomatix pro at Hdrsoft.com where you can download the trial. Also get a tripod. I learned from my own experience bracketing shots while handholding causes too much ghosting when i merge.

http://stuckincustoms.com/ - has a pretty good tutorial on HDRs as well.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    nikos wrote:

Now this is a Very Very COOL SHOT clap.gif :ivar
    Nikos I love it! nod.gif

Great scene and very colourful, nicely done thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited August 21, 2008
    amazing shot. I love the angle and the HDR? I am trying to learn HDR processing myself and am far from mastering it. Any tips you can give me? I have been using CS3 automated HDR Merge.

Thanks bro! This is a tone-mapped process from a single RAW file which was done with Photomatix, saved as a Tiff and then the remainder post processing (mainly dodge & burning) was performed in Photoshop.

If you like this surreal effect, then Photomatix is a better app than Photoshop simply because it can be accomplished much faster and easier.

The reasons that I used a single RAW file was because I didn't have a tripod and this is a hand held shot at 1/40 sec. If I was to bracket 3 shots at such slow shutter speeds, the moving taxi cabs would have been a blur.

Regards,
    Nikos
    edited August 21, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Now this is a Very Very COOL SHOT clap.gif :ivar
    Nikos I love it! nod.gif

Great scene and very colourful, nicely done thumb.gif ... Skippy :D

WOOT! Thanks Skippy!
  • Blaze Z BlazeBlaze Z Blaze Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    nikos wrote:
    Thanks bro! This is a tone-mapped process from a single RAW file which was done with Photomatix, saved as a Tiff and then the remainder post processing (mainly dodge & burning) was performed in Photoshop.

If you like this surreal effect, then Photomatix is a better app than Photoshop simply because it can be accomplished much faster and easier.

The reasons that I used a single RAW file was because I didn't have a tripod and this is a hand held shot at 1/40 sec. If I was to bracket 3 shots at such slow shutter speeds, the moving taxi cabs would have been a blur.

Regards,
    Nikos

Great man thanks! I got Photomatrix just last night and started to play around with it. I too, have been going back and forth from photoshop to photomatrix trying to achieve "the look". Thanks for sharing!thumb.gif
  • DigiGrinDigiGrin Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    sick, sick, siiick! thumb.gif
    I wanna learn how to do this in Photoshop sooo baaad!