Tamron Zoom Super Wide Angle 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Len

nickatnitenickatnite Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited August 20, 2008 in Cameras
I did a good amount of searching; but really didn't come up with the answers. Has anyone used one of these with the Nikon D40 yet?

Pros: ?

Cons: ?

Anyone really care?

Just joking there..

Really tho~ I was at my local camera store and I can get one for like 250 bucks. I'm still wanting the Nikon 18-200; but man, for a 3rd of the price I can get this one.

Anyone care to help.

Comments

• ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    Canon
    I had the Canon mount and it was okay - not as quite as good as my Canon stuff. That said, I sold it with my 20d camera and recently bought the 28-300 VR lens from Tamron that is perfectly acceptable for personal work. I've taken some really nice shots with both of them.
    nickatnite wrote:
    I did a good amount of searching; but really didn't come up with the answers. Has anyone used one of these with the Nikon D40 yet?

Pros: ?

Cons: ?

Anyone really care?

Just joking there..

Really tho~ I was at my local camera store and I can get one for like 250 bucks. I'm still wanting the Nikon 18-200; but man, for a 3rd of the price I can get this one.

Anyone care to help.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • photojen1photojen1 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    I bought the above mentioned lens used for $89 - a great deal! And then had it stolen out of my car :-( It's a great starter to test your range and focus in on what you really like to do - It was well worth a try for me (since I was saving my $ for the Nikon) and even at $250, I'd go for it - why wait if you can play now... the Nikon is better quality and will take a bit more abuse for the long haul... now, I once again am saving my $.
    Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.
    --Rachel Carson