Options

Beautiful Brides

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited September 5, 2008 in Weddings
makes my job easier, that's for sure...wanted to share some from a recent wedding. I've just completed the "getting ready" editing
1.I'm not one normally for selective coloring, but she had the smallest details all highlighted in the nicest pink color, I had to showcase it!
349319656_rSjtZ-L.jpg

2 Her attendants were her 2 sisters, when I arrived it was post wedding day melt down, all 3 had gotten into a tiff which was fixed when the bride mooned everyone! She wasn't mooning them here, just re living them moment!
349313873_jYotn-L.jpg

3 I thanked her for renting such a beautiful place to get married, i swear it was just for me! Huge windows with the most beautiful light...it was dreamy in there!
349864524_a8tpc-L.jpg

4. Her dress maker told her not to bend over once the dress was on, so here she is pointing out to her sister what she needed out of her bag. The other sister in the background poking fun at the other!
349861862_a397b-L.jpg

5. she wanted a different spin on the typical pictures, she's in love with this one!
350058848_LCnxe-L.jpg

6 there's that back lighting again!
349859821_c6BeH-L.jpg

7 flower disaster averted! Thank god for moms with cell phones!
349857141_JDXnZ-L.jpg

8. Writing a letter to her husband to be.
350056089_Y9CPx-L.jpg

349314494_mNmVV-L.jpg

349726076_Sa6PF-L.jpg

350054114_6XMcm-L.jpg

350046988_LhgnP-L.jpg

13 My personal favorite. Not a traditional crop for sure, however, she wanted different. This one will print out on an 8x10, but the matting will be a pro job.
349954035_T9asR-L.jpg

349954854_eNViF-L.jpg

15. I worked and reworked this one a lot, and this was my fav of the bunch of things that I tried. It was difficult to blend the shadow and the sun, but I am happy with this result.
349950805_Mvj8Y-L.jpg

Any CC is very welcome, Thanks for looking

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    Ohhhh!! Wonderful!!!

I LOVE:
    # 2 (although it might profit from some contrast)
    # 5 (straighten maybe the mirror a tiny bit) Cool shot, love the mirror!!
    # 6 ... can I be brutal?? Haha, even though she looks gorgeous I would do an additional crop with just her back & hair (vertical), will look very cute!! iloveyou.gif
    # 10, very stylish!
    # 11 LOVE - LOVE - LOVE this shot!!! iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif
    # 12 is perfect!!! What a shot!!! clap.gif - boy am I jealous about # 11 + 12!!!

Nice series, and sooo many different shots! She'll be floored!! wings.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2008
    These are really great! I am loving the classic feel to these- Great job!clap.gif

#1 Classic- Great conversion. Not a big fan of the selective coloring at all. Either there needs to be more of it, or not at all.

#2 I am not really sure what is going on here- it is like you converted it and then added the lense flair afterwards... (?) Not really sure why you would do that. Funny story behind it though. Glad you caught the reinactment at least.

#3 A very pretty lady. I love that bed- just wish the post didn't end up where it did in the photo. Also, the skin smoothing seems to be *just* a bit strong.

#4 Interesting processing. It is what you are going for, so I guess good on that! I am not a big fan of her expression and the crop of her head.

#5 Yum. I am loving this one all the way around. Great processing. Great photo. Yay for you!

#6 Beautiful. I would love to see this processed in one of your fantastic b&w. But I also realize that this is one of the few that aren't b&w in this set.

#7 Great conversion. (and I agree about Mom's & Cell phones!rolleyes1.gif )

#8 One of my favs of the set. I love the way her gown is laying and it is so classic looking! I just wish we could see her face a little and that we could tell what she is doing. (which is a cool thing by the way)

#9 Not my fav of the set. Needs straightened, and that corner cropped out. Also, needs some punch to pull it off. Is she mooning again?

#10 Really cool- a little dark for my tastes, but awesome none-the-less.

#11 The best of the bunch! I love this photo for so many reasons. The expressions are great, and the composition is stunning. The only bummer is the "glow" looses a lot of the details, and the blacks are plugged in the hair.

#12 Sweet shot. Great colors and details.

#13 Fun- The light spill is kindof a neat effect.

#14 Great candid moment.

#15 I miss the details in the over exposed areas, but this is a great shot that they will cherish, I bet.

Reading back through I wonder if the fact that I like this set comes through.... I do like them! I like them a lot! I personally always appreciate it when others take the time to type out detailed C & C, so thought I return the favor that others have given me so many times. Super job! Now I want to see the rest of this wedding. iloveyou.gif

(Oh, and they can just ship me that bed- so beautiful, and just what I have been looking for the last several months! Laughing.gif!)
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    What a great series! Some of the ones with her getting dressed are cute but not nearly as stunning as some later in the set. I like #5 very much and #8 has a lot of potential....the white vignetting doesn't work for me unless it's a strongly backlit situation.

All that said,

#10 is as someone said very stylish and well done. A shot like this does NOT work without great light, and you did well here. A little dark but the right shadows are there, and of course color. Beautiful!

#11 is just classic. A shot the family will treasure for generations to come. Getting this kind of loving, natural interaction is way harder than it looks. And congrats to your bride for choosing a dress that looks flattering when she's sitting down, too!

#12 is my absolute favorite. This is a contest entry! Her diminuitive posture is charming and almost cheeky coupled with the pink details. I also love how the layered eyelet of the bedding tricks the eye into thinking it's her dress. Fantastic light elevates this lovely composition as well. bowdown.gif

13. Very cute idea, I really like this pose and am probably going to try something like it in the future! It really puts their flowers and faces center stage. The bride will love it!!!

All in all a fantastic set. Can't wait to see more from the wedding!

-Lynne
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    I feel very privledged that not one but 3 ladies whos work I admire very much had so much to offer for help and encouragement and that you like my stuff tooeek7.gif Thank you kindly for the very indepth individual attention and review, I'm very greatful!!

I've just finished processing the reception, I'd love to have some feedback on them as well. When I get around to it of course!mwink.gif
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    6, 11 and 12 i LOVE! Especially 12!clap.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso