Options

Another mapping problem

CharlieOCarmCharlieOCarm Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 22, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I, too, am having a problem with getting a map to properly show up on my homepage. I have the map feature turned on in Control Panel and have obtained a key from Google, in one of three galleries I've entered the street address and cities for each of about 20 photos. When looking at my home page in Owner View I can see my galleries and my map (with pins in the right places). When I switch to Visitor View, the galleries are there and the map is there except that the map is blank ... well, actually it is gray with navigation symbols in the upper left corner, Google in the bottom left ... but there are no streets or terrain or pins or anything except grayness.
Does anyone have a possible remedy for this? Any help is welcome.

Charlie

Comments

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 21, 2008
    I, too, am having a problem with getting a map to properly show up on my homepage. I have the map feature turned on in Control Panel and have obtained a key from Google, in one of three galleries I've entered the street address and cities for each of about 20 photos. When looking at my home page in Owner View I can see my galleries and my map (with pins in the right places). When I switch to Visitor View, the galleries are there and the map is there except that the map is blank ... well, actually it is gray with navigation symbols in the upper left corner, Google in the bottom left ... but there are no streets or terrain or pins or anything except grayness.
    Does anyone have a possible remedy for this? Any help is welcome.

Charlie

Hi Charlie :)

Welcome to DGrin wave.gif

There are a couple of things to check. First, make sure that the images you have tagged have captions. We have an obscure bug where tagged images without captions sometimes will not show.

Second, be sure to check that you have Hello Smuggers set to yes in your control panel and that you have not set your security to No for Hello Smuggers in your galleries where the images that are tagged are.

If you will give us a link to your site, we would be happy to check it out!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    CharlieOCarmCharlieOCarm Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 22, 2008
    Another mapping problem SOLVED
    clap.gif Thank you for the quick help. The solution turned out to be two of those that was suggested .. my hello smuggers for the gallery was not turned on and none of the tagged photos had captions. I was hoping not to have to use captions for that gallery as the photos are part of a little guessing game that I have going for a select group of people. But I was able to work around that and the problem is a problem no longer. Thanks for the help. Link is below ... nothing fancy mind you :)

Charlie

Nhttp://charlieocarm.smugmug.com