WTC Progress

JasonLJasonL Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited August 21, 2008 in Landscapes
Hello everyone. i work directly across the street from the World Trade Center site. My office overlooks the "hole" as we call it at work. These are some pictures that show the progress that they are making. these were taken about a month ago. Really makes you think how much damage was actually done looking at the sheer size of the "hole". Sorry for the quality, they are shot from across the street through a dirty window. JAY_6419.jpg

JAY_6415.jpg

JAY_6400.jpg

JAY_6402-1.jpg
So many toy's not enough money !

Nikon D300s. Nikon D40, Nikon FE, Nikon F
Ansco Ancoset Rangefinder, Rolleiflex TLR Sb800, sb400

Nikon 18-200 VR, nikon 18-55 II, Sigma 10 20 HSM, 50mm f1.8 ai-s, 50mm Non Ai f1.4

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    Thanks for sharing. Very interesting shots. Maybe you could keep us posted as things go along! thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    What's the darker building in the last image?

Nice shots!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    Were you there for the attacks? I wouldn't be able to imagine the horror, thanks for sharing the images of what's to come. In the 1st photo, top right corner, there are 2 murals on the side of the buliding...are these artists renderings of the buildings that are going up?
  • JasonLJasonL Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    dark building
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    What's the darker building in the last image?

Nice shots!

That is the Deutsche Bank Building. They were actually taking it down floor by floor. Not sure if you heard on the news, but that was the building the Fire started in and 2 firemen were killed there not too long ago. I was actually working that Sat. when it was on fire and was a crazy scene. That was the 1 sat that I did not bring my camera to work, not that I would have wanted to display that horrible day anyway. Thanks for the reply. jason

Nikon 18-200 VR, nikon 18-55 II, Sigma 10 20 HSM, 50mm f1.8 ai-s, 50mm Non Ai f1.4
    edited August 21, 2008
    New Building
    Idlewild wrote:
    Were you there for the attacks? I wouldn't be able to imagine the horror, thanks for sharing the images of what's to come. In the 1st photo, top right corner, there are 2 murals on the side of the buliding...are these artists renderings of the buildings that are going up?

Hello, fortunatly for me, I was NOT working here when that happened, but there are numerous people in my office that were. The stories are horrible and I truly feel for anyone that was here that day. Those are actually the renderings of the new structure. They have made some progress since those pictures and I am going to bring my camera next time I work a sat and pop off a few more shots. I work alone on the 29th floor on sat's, kinda creppy, but thats when i take my pics over here. I will post more up when I take them.

• SpeedieSpeedie Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    Why is it taking so long to begin construction of the new towers? It seems a shame it's still just a muddy hole after 7 years.
    edited August 21, 2008
    deceiving
    Speedie wrote:
    Why is it taking so long to begin construction of the new towers? It seems a shame it's still just a muddy hole after 7 years.

Believe it or not there has been a huge amount of progress. If you look at the 3rd pic you can see how far down from the street level the "mud" is. I have a pic from 2 yrs ago and it is only 1 story down. I really did not notice it either untill i looked at a pic from oct 2006 and the amount of progress is huge !!!!!!!! I will look for some of them pics tonight and try and post them up. Thanks !!!

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    Great images thanks for sharing. I hope new buildings are constructed soon. I never knew this place is that big !!
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    great shots, I have a friend who worked in one of the other building that fell, he called when the first plane hit and then again when the second one hit then he left and him and his boss ran outside and saw bodies hitting the street from people jumping... messed him up pretty good for a long while. That had to be horrible to witness.
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
    edited August 21, 2008
    thanks
    zacker wrote:
    great shots, I have a friend who worked in one of the other building that fell, he called when the first plane hit and then again when the second one hit then he left and him and his boss ran outside and saw bodies hitting the street from people jumping... messed him up pretty good for a long while. That had to be horrible to witness.

Thanks for the reply, I looked briefly at your site, awsome work man.

edited August 21, 2008
    Huge
    Great images thanks for sharing. I hope new buildings are constructed soon. I never knew this place is that big !!

Its very deceptive looking at it on TV. My building has windows on 3 sides so I can get some good views. I will post some more up probally tonight for everyone.

• zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    JasonL wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, I looked briefly at your site, awsome work man.

Thanks Much!!
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
    edited August 21, 2008
    nice

Hey bud, I just checked out some of your images, very nice work, when i get home going to look at some more. A few of you that have responded have great images. I am pretty much just starting out and looking for advice from all. Thanks !!!