Lake Tekapo NZ

WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
edited August 23, 2008 in Landscapes
Here is one of Lake Tekapo, located on the south Island of New Zealand.

300941473_iaLgt-L-1.jpg
I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!

Comments

• Blaze Z BlazeBlaze Z Blaze Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    i like it! but the rock on the right and left is distracting from the beutiful water and mountains.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    Beautiful photo. I agree about the rock to the bottom right. It distracts the eye from the wonderful view of the rocks under the water.
  • HockeyFanHockeyFan Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    The rock doesn't bug me. It might've helped to see more of it so that it feels sort of balanced with the one on the left. It's a great shot though. I love this view. The land seems so peaceful and unspoiled.
    Canon EOS Rebel XTi (EF 75-300mm, EFS 18-55mm)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/les_stockton/collections/

Earth Home Construction Project Site: Stockton Underground
  • WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    Thank you all for your comments, I will take another look and see if I can get rid of the rock on the right, and the one on the center. I kind of like the one on the left...

Z.
  • davidryandavidryan Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    Wineman-- nice capture. It is an inspiring scene and I thank you for posting it. Was this a sunset or sunrise photo?
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    Wineman wrote:
    Thank you all for your comments, I will take another look and see if I can get rid of the rock on the right, and the one on the center. I kind of like the one on the left...

Z.

I would only do the right one .. just my opinion tho :D
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    Wineman wrote:

Z.

The one of the left is fine. Is that a little rock in the center or is it some kind of critter?

I'd also increase the contrast a bit in the foreground water. But I'd have to play with it to see how it looked. Maybe darken up the sky with a NG gradient overlay also.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    davidryan wrote:
    Wineman-- nice capture. It is an inspiring scene and I thank you for posting it. Was this a sunset or sunrise photo?

Thanks for the kind works Ryan, this is at sunset.

Jeff, the one on the center is also a rock, in the original there is more contrast, for some reason, when uploading to smugmug, all my photos seem very pale and lacking of contrast.

Z.