Options

Can I use my smugmug account to take print orders, but NOT fulfill them?

kathy02kathy02 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited September 4, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I want to continue using my other lab, but use my smugmug account that I use for proofing (a pro acct) to take a customers order. Is this possible?

Comments

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    kathy02 wrote:
    I want to continue using my other lab, but use my smugmug account that I use for proofing (a pro acct) to take a customers order. Is this possible?

Should be possible if you set-up google checkout on your site. It won't be quite as easy as the SM shopping cart though.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    InMediasResInMediasRes Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    Similar question
    Hi!

Our clients pay for a wedding package up front and until now we used smugmug so they could select the pictures and then we would print in a local lab.

Now we want to use smugmug to print all the pictures but we can't ask our clients to pay again (even if we would reimburse them). Is there a way for the client to select their photos, provide us with a "virtual shopping cart" and then we fulfill their order with our prices AND (just occurred to me) have it shipped to them?

If not, is there a way for clients to easily tell us which pics they want? Our instructions to tell us "the file name" have not worked :-(

Maybe marking them as "select" or "favorite" on the gallery itself?

Thank you!

-Juan Carlos
    www.imrphoto.com
  • Options
    MontecMontec Registered Users Posts: 823 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    This would be a great option.

I have been asking the clients to write down file names and sizes of the photos they want, or a list of photos they want in their albums. A PITA...

I really hope the SM team gets some of these long awaited requests they have on their list in place sooner than later.

The entire system they have is just top notch for viewing images, but the fulfillment part is just not there yet in my opinion. Maybe their dedication to EZPrints should be re-evaluated.
    Cheers,
    Monte
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    Montec wrote:

I really hope the SM team gets some of these long awaited requests they have on their list in place sooner than later.

In a vacuum, this might seem like we've not been addressing other requests :D

Self fulfillment is on the list.... but it'll be a bit after some other very important and very much asked-for pro features :D
  • Options
    kathy02kathy02 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited September 4, 2008
    Thank you all.