Options

King Cobra

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited April 26, 2005 in Holy Macro
you gotta let me "slide" on this one, it was way dark. i think i used ISO 1600 / 3200. Plus this guy was moving quite fast.. anyway its a king cobra taken w/ 20D, 100 mm handheld and hardly any available light......
20524512-M.jpg

troy

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited April 26, 2005
    Nice shot there 'dozer!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,190 moderator
    edited April 26, 2005
    That's a powerful looking snakey head shot there. Those eyes are so determined looking. Is this the natural color? Or has it been de-saturated and/or toned?

windoze wrote:
    you gotta let me "slide" on this one, it was way dark. i think i used ISO 1600 / 3200. Plus this guy was moving quite fast.. anyway its a king cobra taken w/ 20D, 100 mm handheld and hardly any available light......
    20524512-M.jpg

troy
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2005
    i played around with it a little to try to get it the right color - on the original the "light" distorted the color.... thanx for looking!!!

troy
    David_S85 wrote:
    That's a powerful looking snakey head shot there. Those eyes are so determined looking. Is this the natural color? Or has it been de-saturated and/or toned?
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    Hey Troy
    windoze wrote:

troy
    It's amazing just what sort of light you can hand hold in isn't it :)
    I found it easier to use the Canon 100mm Lens with these kind of shots, than I did my Sony's.

The Sony's just wouldnt focus where I wanted them to, but the Canon is just wonderful I love it :D great shot Troy :D Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    clap.gif even if you forget about the tough light, it's still a cool shot!!
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2005
    thanx Ian and Skippy!!! I have alot to learn and my keeper to trash ratio is abysmall, but i can only improve.....

troy
    Skippy wrote:
    It's amazing just what sort of light you can hand hold in isn't it :)
    I found it easier to use the Canon 100mm Lens with these kind of shots, than I did my Sony's.

The Sony's just wouldnt focus where I wanted them to, but the Canon is just wonderful I love it :D great shot Troy :D Skippy (Australia)