My Little guy

JasonLJasonL Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited August 22, 2008 in People
Hey everyone. I was messing around with some fill flash and S mode of my D200. These are some shots of my 2.5 year old guy in PA last week. I have not done any work in PS on these images. I basically had camera set at 1/250 shutter speed, matrix metering, using my sb600 TTLBL setting. Looking for some comments and advice. Thanks everyone.

JAY_8544.jpg

JAY_8643.jpg

JAY_8546.jpg
So many toy's not enough money !

Nikon D300s. Nikon D40, Nikon FE, Nikon F
Ansco Ancoset Rangefinder, Rolleiflex TLR Sb800, sb400

Nikon 18-200 VR, nikon 18-55 II, Sigma 10 20 HSM, 50mm f1.8 ai-s, 50mm Non Ai f1.4

Comments

• TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    Great use of flash to expose the background correctly. clap.gif

Good looking boy also.

A reflector could have been used on the right in #1 and #2 to remove the shadows cause by the sun's hard light from the left.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • JasonLJasonL Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    Thanks
    Trevlan wrote:
    Great use of flash to expose the background correctly. clap.gif

Good looking boy also.

A reflector could have been used on the right in #1 and #2 to remove the shadows cause by the sun's hard light from the left.

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the comment about my little guy. I agree with the reflector. That was the first time i was messing with fill flash outside. My guy is so erratic he just runs all over hahaha, tough to get him to stay still. Hey I see your from NY, nice, NJ here and I work by WTC.

Nikon 18-200 VR, nikon 18-55 II, Sigma 10 20 HSM, 50mm f1.8 ai-s, 50mm Non Ai f1.4
  • snowalkersnowalker Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    awsome!
    hey you really do a great job there. Particularly I don't have any problem with shadows. The shadows are making the relief of picture and I don't like the flat pictures anyway. Sharpen + nice colors. Good job!
  • JasonLJasonL Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    Thanks
    snowalker wrote:
    hey you really do a great job there. Particularly I don't have any problem with shadows. The shadows are making the relief of picture and I don't like the flat pictures anyway. Sharpen + nice colors. Good job!

Thanks Snow, hope to see some of your posts soon