Last chance change (DSS mega)..help?

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited August 23, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok...with the competition so stiff I find myself second guessing my own entry. I really want to put in something that makes you go "wow how did she do that?!" So now...which of these make you say that or should I stick with what I have entered already?? Or should I keep shooting?

This is exibiting not only natural elements but artistic elements...especially the art element of perspective.
356472408_wVdDe-L-1.jpg

Edited....
356787029_Gp7dn-L-3.jpg

Unfortunately my canvas was really warped in the first place so layering the picture on an existing warped frame was not easy. I have corrected the angles although we must keep in mind that its a photo of a painting of a painting...lol

which is better? 17 votes

Number 1
5% 1 vote
Number 2
64% 11 votes
stick with whats entered
29% 5 votes
keep shooting
0% 0 votes

Comments

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    #2 is very neat! What a great idea and what a beautiful location. Looks like many opportunities for inspiration!
  • agilepawzagilepawz Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    #2, but...
    Hi,

I'm brand new here, so keep that in mind. I love #2, but could you position it so as to eliminate the cars and house below?

What an original and inspired idea!

Michele
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    I like what you have entered but I also like #2.

The only quibble I have with it is that the perspective of the canvas resting on the easel look off. Right now it looks like a trapezoid shape. If you can adjust that lower right corner so that it's parallel with the lower left corner it'll look more realistic. thumb.gif
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 22, 2008
    well I was looking crosseyed last night at it now I tried again this morning. Take a look on two...any better?
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    well I was looking crosseyed last night at it now I tried again this morning. Take a look on two...any better?

Yep! Better!!!thumb.gif

Now you have a big decision to make, lady!! You have two terrific photos from which to choose.

I think you'll need to flip a coin. mwink.gifrofl
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    #2 thumb.gif
    finally somebody put the WA (#90) to a good use :-) rolleyes1.gif
    BTW, PS has warp tool, (and VP tool), dealing with an uneven canvas is not that hard...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 23, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    #2 thumb.gif
    finally somebody put the WA (#90) to a good use :-) rolleyes1.gif
    BTW, PS has warp tool, (and VP tool), dealing with an uneven canvas is not that hard...

Now how is that for coinkidink?:D I haven't been over on the WA in a while so went to see what the heck you were talking about...low and behold there it was! Only thing is I cannot enter it there cause the pictures were all taken 2 hours before you posted your thread Nikolai! Hows that for timing.eek7.gif

I am still very undecided about this...but I do appreciate everyones input! Thank you all.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    Only thing is I cannot enter it there cause the pictures were all taken 2 hours before you posted your thread Nikolai! Hows that for timing.eek7.gif
    Laughing.gif.. too funny... Two hours, huh? mwink.gif I'm gonna let it slip this time, this is too damn good entry to pass up clap.gifAfterall, same *day* :-) :D
    "May the f/stop be with you!"